Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
B-O-B'03

Thumbs up Rick's RV, Ville Platte, LA = Fantastic support

I have posted about the issues in other threads, but figured I would create a dedicated thread here, with pictures.

I was prepping our new 22RBPR for our first trip and found the furnace would not work, even though it was demonstrated during the PDI and I had previously tested it since getting the unit home.

After some digging around, I found the issue was caused by whoever cut the hole in the side wall, for the outside electrical outlet.

They also cut in to the kitchen sink drain pipe, that runs over the top of the furnace and most of the water I had been running down the kitchen sinks, during my testing, had poured into the furnace.

I seriously wonder if any 2, of the same model trailer, are actually built alike?

I called Rick's and emailed them the pictures I had taken, they said that since they were 5+ hours away from me and most likely I would be unable to take to local dealer and get it repaired in time for our trip, to go ahead and fix the drain pipe myself, send them a copy of the receipt for any parts I had to buy and let them know if the furnace started working after it dried out.

After the piping was repaired I left a small space heater aimed into the furnace compartment and let it sit for a couple of days... the furnace was definitely broken so I called Rick's and they sent me a new controller board, over night.

We had a furnace and water in the kitchen for our maiden voyage, both were needed

When we got home, there was a check waiting for us, from Rick's RV, including payment for my time to do the repairs... that was totally unexpected and much appreciated.

After reading some of the posts on here regarding crappy service, I thought I was spread a little sunshine with my experience. It is so refreshing to deal with a company that cares about your, after they have taken your money.

Happy Camping,

-Brian
Old 05-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
Javi

Thanks for posting, sounds like a great dealer.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
carwheel_09

I guess that you must have bought from them. I didn't and was promptly told " if you didn't buy it here we won't work on it". I found a dealer in McComb, Ms that would work on mine regardless of were I bought it from.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwheel_09 View Post
I guess that you must have bought from them. I didn't and was promptly told " if you didn't buy it here we won't work on it". I found a dealer in McComb, Ms that would work on mine regardless of were I bought it from.
Yes, I did buy it from them... were you looking for warranty work?

I have heard that some places are reluctant to do warranty work, if you did not buy from them.

Thanks,

-Brian