Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
CO_Mom

Argh, shower drain leak?

I have a 314BHS with the angled corner shower. I've been sanitizing the FW tank yesterday and today, and just noticed water coming out from UNDER the outside of the shower pan. The pan and panels are in great shape and the glass doors appear to be well sealed. The water is coming out between the outside of the pan and the floor.

I have read other threads and presume it's a problem with the drain, and I see references to accessing this area through the "basement". My question is - how exactly do I get there?? Do I have to take the coroplast off, or can I get in there via the cargo area?

Dangit. Cracked vents replaced, roof sealed, water sanitized... now this.

Thanks!!
CO_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
Movin' on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Mom View Post
I have read other threads and presume it's a problem with the drain, and I see references to accessing this area through the "basement". My question is - how exactly do I get there?? Do I have to take the coroplast off, or can I get in there via the cargo area?
Thanks!!
I'm not familiar with that model but I'm assuming it's a 5th wheel, if so, you would access the plumbing through the storage area (basement) and there would be no need to remove the coroplast. I would think that if it is a drain leak that the water would be dripping down into the cargo area (following the drain pipe). Ours leaked water onto the floor when brand new, and after very carefully looking at any possible spot where a leak could occur and adding some caulk (even on a couple screw heads) the leak stopped. It's also possible there could be a small crack in the shower pan itself.

I hope your problem is as easily fixed.

2016 305RL Montana High Country
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Duramax

Life's a Journey, Slow Down and Enjoy the Trip!
Movin' on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
Dave45039

Something else to consider!

I had similar symptoms with water seeping out under the shower pan onto the floor. I searched all over for a leak in the drain to no avail. I finally loosened the faucets from the shower wall and discovered that the water lines not tightened to the fixture leaking where they were attached to the back of the fixture, but only when they were turned on. Simple matter of tightening them up.

Of course this only showed up when the system was under pressure.

Dave & Janet

2013 Cougar 333MKS
2013 GMC 2500HD 6.0L / 4.10
[/LIST]
Dave45039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:24 AM   #4
Keywestparrothead

There is a "T" fitting inside the shower handle assembly that connects the hot and cold water to the hose that then comes into the shower. Inspect that for cracks. If not properly winterized it will freeze water in that small space and split the "T", leading to a leak. Good luck!

2015 Ford F450 KR CC
2010 Montana 3750FL
------------------------
Previous addictions...
2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU
Keywestparrothead is offline   Reply With Quote