Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
trueweb

Winter Updates to my 2008 Raptor 299MP

This winter I took a little time to fix some annoyances and improve some items. I don't have the pictures yet, but after I clean things up I'll post a few.
  1. Switched out the analog generator clock for a digital one. The ticking sound was just so annoying, especially when watching a movie. Now it's gone!
  2. Put a switch on the fuel gauge back-light. It's one more thing to drain the battery and it's way more nightlight than I need. Now I can sleep in the dark.
  3. Added a BAFX IR repeater so I could control my DVD, Direct TV box and Receiver with the cabinet closed. The price on these is great and the customer support is fantastic. I cannot recommend these more for your RV or your house.
  4. Updated all the TVs with Christmas specials. Now the off-angle viewing is not so dark you can't see what's happening on the screen and with the thinner bezels I was able to add a few inches to each TV.
  5. Rewired the coax for the antenna so all the TVs can receive over the air channels instead of just the one in the bedroom.
  6. Installed LED bulbs on all the interior lights. I can't believe how much cooler they run, this must be a huge energy savings.

Pictures will be coming soon!
trueweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
master sprinter

"Rewired the coax for the antenna so all the TVs can receive over the air channels instead of just the one in the bedroom."

What did you need to do to make this happen? You would think manufacturer would have done this, somethings just don't make sense. The other TV is the one most used too???

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Turbo Diesel/ Smarty Jr.
2015 Sprinter Campfire Edition
master sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
trueweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by master sprinter View Post
"Rewired the coax for the antenna so all the TVs can receive over the air channels instead of just the one in the bedroom."

What did you need to do to make this happen? You would think manufacturer would have done this, somethings just don't make sense. The other TV is the one most used too???
I agree. I'm not sure if this was from the factory or the result of an aftermarket direct TV install by the previous owner. Either way I had to drop some ceiling lights and fish around until I found coax in the ceiling, add a few connectors and lengths of coax to what I found and I was able to get everything up and running. Last year I never could figure out why I was getting 10+ channels in the bedroom and could barely get one in the living room. Now it's fixed!
trueweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
master sprinter

Thumbs up

maybe just a bad cable or connection then, sometimes that is more work than running new ones. Good you got it fixed.

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Turbo Diesel/ Smarty Jr.
2015 Sprinter Campfire Edition
master sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Well, I have to say you have done a tremendous amount of work for the winter time...especially in W VA. Congrats and I'm sure you're looking forward to camping season....when it gets here
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

I also would be surprised that coax configuration came from the factory like that. If you know previous owner had Directv in there, there you go.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote