Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2023, 08:08 AM   #1
Pull Toy

Know your “SPEC’s”

While looking thru some trailer spec’s in brochures and industry web sites, I see a great number of discrepancies. For example, in several instances Keystone list the height of 5ers without adding the additional height of the STANDARD FACTORY front a/c.

My 3535 is a perfect example. The factory stats list it at 12.67 ft. I measured on the flats while hooked up, and anything under 13’ 5” is a no go with my factory “low profile” front Dometic a/c. Several newer units claim 13’ 4”, but be sure to know your rig by measuring while hooked up. An inch or two can ruin your trip.

Good luck,
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 10:17 AM   #2
tallen

Your right, I plan on getting on my 5ther this coming weekend and dropping the tape from my from AC unit. I think they said mine was 12', but I think it is more like 12' 6".
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:10 PM   #3
Matty Rich

I happened to be on keystones website the other day looking up new floor plans and notice a big discrepancy.
The Fuzion Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler has tire size listed as ST255/85R16E across all models. I know damn well these trailers require a G Rated tire. So I went and looked at the Raptor specs and sure enough they have ST235/80R16G listed.