Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2023, 12:36 PM   #21
Zoe

Lots of trees where we camp, love the awnings. Had noticed a bit of wind and water collected on the kitchen slide, but took care of that problem by sliding a large pool noodle under the awning- rain drains right off.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:58 PM   #22
shrtmem

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
Greetings fellow campers!

We just purchased a Cougar 33RLI travel trailer that has 3 slideouts on it. This is our first trailer with slideouts and I’m wondering what you think about having slideout awnings, the covers specifically for the slideout itself. Are they really beneficial or just something else to spend some money on? Are there any real downsides to having them? I’ve read that they can flap around in strong winds, but other than that I haven’t seen any real negatives.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!
I wish I had a picture! Our two first RV's had slide out covers/awning toppers. They were great. The fifth wheel we have now does not and we are having a difficult time finding the type we want. Last time camping at Lake Camanche, we managed to get a spot under a tree that was sending out seeds or something! Those things were all over the slide and roof. They needed to be cleaned off, so up I go onto the roof with a broom. I'm going to find those dag gone toppers we want and they will be installed!
shrtmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 05:51 PM   #23
Camping family

I’ve been thinking about them also. Leaning towards getting them. Just don’t want to tie up the camper having them installed
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:06 PM   #24
pawpaw

Our 25RDS was in the shop for almost 2 months for warranty work. Had a topper installed while camper was in the shop.

Tags
awning, slide, slideout