Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2023, 01:13 PM   #1
GlasNav

GE Profile 21" RV Stove

We are interested in any experience or information regarding the GE Profile 21" RV stove. The Furrion original equipment stove has pretty lights and a nice folding glass cover, otherwise it is far from impressive, especially when it comes to the oven thermostat. Additionally, the stovetop burner grates are stamped out metal that has already begun to sag. Needless to say we are considering upgrading the stove in our almost 2 year old 25RDS. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:42 AM   #2
Weldon

We've used our stove exactly once. My wife cooked a cobbler for a family party about a year ago. Otherwise we only use the cook top, microwave, or I grill. If you think you will use the stove often enough to justify the cost and installation effort, and if there are good reviews online, the decision is yours. You can sell your used stove and offset part of the expense.

From what I've seen online the reviews are over 4.5 out of 5. Depending on your choice, the cost to purchase is anywhere between $400 - $700
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 05:58 AM   #3
notanlines

Keep in mind that the nicer of the stoves you reference is about $750.00. You will need to ‘live out’ the money you spend and enjoy it because it will, regretfully, add nothing to the value of your RV.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 04:59 AM   #4
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Keep in mind that the nicer of the stoves you reference is about $750.00. You will need to ‘live out’ the money you spend and enjoy it because it will, regretfully, add nothing to the value of your RV.
Well not everyone is worried about resale. That is a nice looking stove, we up graded ours before going full time to get sealed burners. Looking at the GE it doesn't have sealed burners, but does have 12 volt igniters so no twisting the knob to light, and nice cast iron grates.
There are a lot of RV's that do a lot of indoor cooking in their RV.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:48 AM   #5
SargeW

RV's are depreciating assets that the value drops like a stone the moment you take possession. So everything you do to it is for your own enjoyment. I have done a ton of mods to our trailer that won't make a cent of difference to anyone else. So do whatever mods you like to make it your own, and enjoy. Life is too short to worry about it.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
GlasNav

Received the stove yesterday, it appears that this will be a simple drop in replacement for the OEM Furrion. Will pull the Furrion next week and also run a cable for a Victron status monitor for the solar array in the spare small panel alongside the radio. I'll update after my wife has the opportunity to verify the performance of the oven thermostat. "Happy Wife, Happy Life!"

The upgrades and improvements we have installed aren't based on resale value, ours are for comfort and convenience!
As my nephew told me years ago "congratulations, you just installed a $50K kitchen in a 30K farm house."

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote