Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2023, 08:06 AM   #1
Chopperguy

Unknown Pull Handle and Backwash Rear Tank

I have a 2022 Fuzion 429. Two questions:

1. There is a handle to the forward side of the three tires on the drivers side of the camper. The cable for that handle is above the belly cover. I can't figure out what that handle is for? Thoughts?

2. I did not find a flush fill valve for the back 1/2 bathroom in the garage. I am left with actually running a hose into the toilet to backwash that black tank. What am I missing?
Chopperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperguy View Post
I have a 2022 Fuzion 429. Two questions:

1. There is a handle to the forward side of the three tires on the drivers side of the camper. The cable for that handle is above the belly cover. I can't figure out what that handle is for? Thoughts?

2. I did not find a flush fill valve for the back 1/2 bathroom in the garage. I am left with actually running a hose into the toilet to backwash that black tank. What am I missing?

You should have 4 pull handles, 2 in the convenience center, 1 forward of the tires and 1 behind the tires. The handle in front of the tires is typically the galley gray tank, and the one behind the tires is for the rear bathroom (combined grey and black)

There's no flush for the rear bathroom tank.... you'll have to go old school to clean it.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:35 AM   #3
LHaven

I'm assuming there is an unstated question here, and that is that he can't find the outflow pipe for the forward pull handle.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I'm assuming there is an unstated question here, and that is that he can't find the outflow pipe for the forward pull handle.

There is only one outflow pipe, all tanks and levers are tied to the single outlet, which is really nice as my old Torque had two outlets and its a huge pain to undo the sewer snake pull forward and the reattach.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:29 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Is it possible that the "handle in question" is the dump valve for the fresh water tank ???

As for the black tank flush system for the rear black tank, some rear tanks didn't have a separate input fitting, but had a valve from the front black tank flush connection so water could be diverted to the user's choice of black tanks. I think Keystone stopped using that system and started installing separate flush systems for each tank...

On most trailers, there are small "very inconspicuous decals" just above the J-wrap molding on the trailer sidewall that identify the location and function of each valve that's mounted "under the trailer"...

The decals are only about 3/8" tall, so it's very easy to miss them, if Keystone is even still applying them to all their trailers....

They look like the ones in this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank decals.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	43194  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:44 AM   #6
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The decals are only about 3/8" tall, so it's very easy to miss them....
They look like the ones in this photo.
Yup. those look just like the ones I had, before they all fell off. And mine's only a 2019!
My old rig had no labels. I used something like these [LINK] in a discreet size -- I only needed one letter for each handle.
Or, even simpler -- Valterra (I think) sells replacement* handles in both black and a silver grey, for about $1. Self-explanatory!
*because these suckers eventually screw themselves off on the road if you don't put a jam nut behind them, and the factory never does.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:50 PM   #7
GlasNav

[QUOTE=JRTJH;530007]Is it possible that the "handle in question" is the dump valve for the fresh water tank ???

Good point, my friend has a Rockwood and it is equipped with a 2" quick dump on the freshwater tank, nice feature as long as it doesn't freeze. However, I wasn't aware if this is feature available on Keystone units.

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:38 AM   #8
flyingjack

2022 Montana HC 295 has smaller T-handle dump valve for fresh water tank located drivers side behind tires.
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank