Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2023, 11:20 AM   #21
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I remember what my flight instructor said when I passed my FAA flight exam. He said "Now your a licensed private pilot you can go learn how to fly". That was very similar to what my dad said when I got my driver's license. Translation: you now have the legal right to get the experiance you need. Like John said, "you don't know what you don't know.

What continues to amaze me is how "newbies" ignore or want to argue with folks that have decades of real, practical experience. I am also confused by the total lack of logic or common sense when it comes to spending money on hitch equipment. It's not uncommon these days to have a truck & trailer combo worth tens to hundreds of thousand dollars. Why would anyone not want to spend the money for the most secure, safe device that's the single point of connection between the 2 vehichles?

I'm not saying every person has "all the answers" but when a group of folks that all recommend the same thing with absolutely no possibility of personal gain (unlike a salesperson) then it might warrant listening to their advice. JMHO, YMMV
I'm an A&P and was told the same thing almost 30 years ago, "You've got a ticket to learn". Boy, wasn't that the truth.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #22
RET.LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
took picture this morning …now i seem to notice more and more undersized trucks and no sway control. And i need to stop taking pictures while i’m driving
I noticed that it's a single axel trailer, he is still probably in his listed tow capacity listed for his truck (barely) He should (I pray) was using a WDH Anti Sway.
I do have to add though as a retired LEO if I seen the both of you side by side and saw you taking pics while driving.....guess who would of gotten a ticket?
Just messing with you....still food for thought though
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:14 AM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET.LEO View Post
I noticed that it's a single axel trailer, he is still probably in his listed tow capacity listed for his truck (barely) He should (I pray) was using a WDH Anti Sway.
I do have to add though as a retired LEO if I seen the both of you side by side and saw you taking pics while driving.....guess who would of gotten a ticket?
Just messing with you....still food for thought though
Yes i know lol i just had my phone lined up to the window and fires off a bunch of shots. i was getting off an exit and nobody behind me. BUT it’s still no excuse. i have a dash cam also but didn’t think of it
Old 02-21-2023, 10:34 AM   #24
{tpc}

Was that a ram truck? I have seen some pretty overloaded vehicles before. I always wonder if they look at it at all, and then just say something like "eh its a truck!"

But running without a wdh, seems well, dumb in this case.
Old 02-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #25
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
Was that a ram truck? I have seen some pretty overloaded vehicles before. I always wonder if they look at it at all, and then just say something like "eh its a truck!"

pretty sure it was a toyota tacoma
Old 02-21-2023, 10:56 AM   #26
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:

Toyota symbols on the wheels...
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:59 AM   #27
{tpc}

A toyota...I don't know much about them but I doubt the tacoma is the flagship of towing for them.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:34 PM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
A toyota...I don't know much about them but I doubt the tacoma is the flagship of towing for them.
Yes, that's a Tacoma and no they're not the flagship for towing for anyone. Their "flagship" is the Tundra but not comparable to the Big 3 IMO but they are getting better if you like lifts, molded on fender skirts etc. They have come a long way since the T100 but still don't know a lot about towing RVs. Japan is very small, I was looking at a map of it the other day and looked like a 40' rv would stretch coast to coast....maybe it was the scale of the map?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sway control