Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2023, 05:20 PM   #61
Trophyhunt

We had one tire blow already, China bomb !
Trophyhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:05 PM   #62
Trophyhunt

So the dealership put on extensions that Keystone sent them and paid for them to do the work, and then they fixed the underneath material which was great, but when I got home, I noticed all four tires had rubbed on the underbelly again. I measured and I have two and five eights inch clearance from the top of the tire to the underbelly, way too little. So I called Keystone directly. They had me take it to a scale. Take pictures of it and email them the certified scale weight of 6400 pounds. The tire is also rubbing on the side of the trailer not just the roof, I told him this sent him all the pictures they wanted, and I haven’t heard back in three days. If they just blow me off, we are either going to sell the trailer, or have a small RV repair company come and put blocks on the axle, I just don’t want the ride to change and get real rough
Old 06-13-2023, 06:18 AM   #63
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophyhunt View Post
So the dealership put on extensions that Keystone sent them and paid for them to do the work, and then they fixed the underneath material which was great, but when I got home, I noticed all four tires had rubbed on the underbelly again. I measured and I have two and five eights inch clearance from the top of the tire to the underbelly, way too little. So I called Keystone directly. They had me take it to a scale. Take pictures of it and email them the certified scale weight of 6400 pounds. The tire is also rubbing on the side of the trailer not just the roof, I told him this sent him all the pictures they wanted, and I haven’t heard back in three days. If they just blow me off, we are either going to sell the trailer, or have a small RV repair company come and put blocks on the axle, I just don’t want the ride to change and get real rough
You posted this on Monday evening, so backing up 3 days would mean that you sent it on Friday ??? Keystone would have received it sometime Friday, and by the time they reviewed their emails, sent the photos and weight slip to their engineering department, it was likely "late Friday afternoon". Most engineering support offices at Keystone close shortly after the day shift stops building trailers. Most days, that's around 1PM or at the latest, 2PM.

So, on a Friday afternoon, after the plant has closed and most people are in "end of week wind-down" I wouldn't expect much "timely response from the factory"...

Give them a week or so to review your photos, research the "parts record on your VIN build" and discuss the problem and possible solutions.... Wheels on this type of problem don't "turn from problem to solution in one shift"....

You may not hear back for a week or so, and if it's any longer than that, I'd contact them for a status update.

If the above "timeline" is somewhat close to when you sent the photos, you won't hear anything for at least 2 or 3 more days.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 07:47 AM   #64
Trophyhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You posted this on Monday evening, so backing up 3 days would mean that you sent it on Friday ??? Keystone would have received it sometime Friday, and by the time they reviewed their emails, sent the photos and weight slip to their engineering department, it was likely "late Friday afternoon". Most engineering support offices at Keystone close shortly after the day shift stops building trailers. Most days, that's around 1PM or at the latest, 2PM.

So, on a Friday afternoon, after the plant has closed and most people are in "end of week wind-down" I wouldn't expect much "timely response from the factory"...

Give them a week or so to review your photos, research the "parts record on your VIN build" and discuss the problem and possible solutions.... Wheels on this type of problem don't "turn from problem to solution in one shift"....

You may not hear back for a week or so, and if it's any longer than that, I'd contact them for a status update.

If the above "timeline" is somewhat close to when you sent the photos, you won't hear anything for at least 2 or 3 more days.
Thanks for that insite, makes sense, my time frame could be a day off but either way appreciate the info. My biggest gripe is why not a simple email that communicates w me? Something quick and easy like, “ we received your pics and will let you know?” I’ve sent at least two emails asking if they received my pics, nothing. Communication is the key to happy customers.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:00 AM   #65
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for that insite, makes sense, my time frame could be a day off but either way appreciate the info. My biggest gripe is why not a simple email that communicates w me? Something quick and easy like, “ we received your pics and will let you know?” I’ve sent at least two emails asking if they received my pics, nothing. Communication is the key to happy customers.
I won't disagree with you and also would consider a confirmation email as a "business obligation to their customer"... But, that ain't the way Keystone rolls.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:27 AM   #66
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Your expectations are the same as mine...unfortunately businesses (many more than Keystone) just don't see it that way. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email from company (non RV related) on 2/23 per their comments. I received it, finally, on 6/9/23 after I harrassed them about status. That's just one of many examples. It seems the post Covid world took us about 3 steps backward.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:15 PM   #67
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I don't know what software you are using for emails so I'll preface this with I use MS Outlook. If sending an important email I'll open up the options and check "send receive recipt" and "send read receipt ". By doing this I'll have two confirmations. The first will be the exact moment their server received the email and secondly, the exact moment the recipient OPENED the email

By this simple method the recipient cannot deny that the email "never came through" or that thay haven't seen it .
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote