Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #1
ChuckV

In command show 0 degrees

I have a 2020 Cougar. Took it to the dealer for service in April needed a new power converter. Tried to turn on the ac today and it will not come on. Worked fine all last year. In command screen shows temperature as 0 degrees F. It usually shows the air temp. Has anyone had this problem? All fuses are good. Everything else works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
ChuckV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Have you tried resetting? Unplug from shore power, disconnect the battery and wait 3 minutes. Hook the battery back up, plug back into shore power.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:02 PM   #3
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Have you tried resetting? Unplug from shore power, disconnect the battery and wait 3 minutes. Hook the battery back up, plug back into shore power.
Yes, we had that same issue once last year, and doing what chuckster mentions worked.

Disconnecting from all power (even battery power) resolved the issue.
This allows the "Gateway" to reset itself. Once it does, the display will show a temperature again and allow the AC to work.
Old 06-04-2023, 05:45 PM   #4
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckV View Post
I have a 2020 Cougar. Took it to the dealer for service in April needed a new power converter. Tried to turn on the ac today and it will not come on. Worked fine all last year. In command screen shows temperature as 0 degrees F. It usually shows the air temp. Has anyone had this problem? All fuses are good. Everything else works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Oh yes, I have.

Keep in mind that inCommand is nothing but a window into your HVAC gateway (Dometic or whatever). If inCommand is saying the ambient is 0°, that's because that's what the gateway is telling it.

Unless there's a physical fault in the wiring, removing and reinstalling the proper fuse should reset this. (The gateway is a 12V device since it has to be alive to run the furnace properly when you're boondocking.)
Old 06-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #5
ChuckS

Also if you have NO 12 vdc to the roof AC unit control box and gateway your thermostat will read Zero degrees..

If however the AC 7nit fan and compressor runs then I would reseat the gateway remote temp sensor connection on the gateway. Two wire plug. You can also remove that plug and use multimeter and measure the resistance versus outside temp to verify the remote temp sensor functions right

But since I reread your post and the AC does nothing you most likely are missing 12 volts to the roof AC unit .. it won’t function without it

12 vdc is present at all times to the roof AC units from either battery or shore power (converter)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:13 AM   #6
ChuckV

No. I turned off the screen and reset the button on the board in the storage area. I’ll try that as soon as I get home. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:12 PM   #7
ChuckV

Well, I tried the reset. Didn’t work. Talked to the dealership. They suggested the reset also and said if that doesn’t work it’s probably the temperature sensor. I’ll let ya know what it is. Thanks for the replies I appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2023, 04:03 PM   #8
LHaven

I can't even figure out where you'd find the other end of the thermistor cable to test its resistance. My "Dometic HVAC system maint manual_2012_01.pdf" is very mealy-mouthed about whether it even accommodates the main cabin thermistor, and I can't find any wiring diagrams for the inCommand DCM.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:25 AM   #9
ChuckS

If the AC will not turn on then the remote temp sensor IS NOT what is causing your problem.

You have NO 12 volts DC power at the roof AC control box and gateway.. that is why the temperature reads 0 degrees

You can unplug the remote temp sensor and the AC would still run without it..

Again.You habe no 12 v9lts DC on the roof..you need to use a meter and verify

The In Command display will read zero degrees because the interface ( gateway ) on the roof AC is DEAD because it has no 12 volt power

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote