Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2023, 10:19 PM   #1
RKDowner

TPO roof repair question

My Hideout has a TPO roof (I suppose they all do) and I need to replace the plywood under the ladder. Long story short water got in and the plywood is rotten. I highly doubt I'll be able to peel back the membrane and re-use it, so I'm planning to just patch it. The problem is finding a small section of TPO at a reasonable price. I found a 4'x6' kit to re-cover a slide-out, but it's PVC not TPO, and I can find nothing on the internet about mixing the two. What I have in mind is removing a section of the TPO, repairing the plywood, then covering the exposed plywood with the PVC cut to not overlap the TPO. Then I'd cover the seam between the PVC and TPO with EternaBond tape.

The alternative is that there are some suppliers of small-ish sections of TPO, but they all come folded in a box (even though they all picture a roll). The comments sections always have people mentioning how difficult it was to get the creases out when they unfolded it, some even using a hair drier with no success. The PVC comes in a tube, which to me seems a big advantage, especially when the TPO vendors all say you must lay it out on a clean surface to remove the creases. I don't have a clean surface that big! For example, the most affordable kit is 5 feet by 8 1/2 feet - there isn't an open spot on my Hideout roof that large!

So, can I patch TPO with PVC? Or does anyone know of a TPO supplier that will ship it rolled in a tube? Thanks.

Tags
roof, roof repair