Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2023, 07:27 AM   #1
German Shepherd Guy

So how do you all handle the S**t

Over the winter my sewer hoses degraded to the point of needing replacement. I have used a coupler of brands through the years. "Campco Rhino" no name brands and a few years back Prest-o-fit.

Do any of you have a particularly strong recommendation of a brand?
Does not seem to be a huge difference in price.
Thanks

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:55 AM   #2
notanlines

We’ve had best luck with Rhino, but not enough that I’d swear by it. Sun kills the hoses.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:04 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I too don't know if there is any great difference between them all although a couple of the brands say there is. I use the Rhino hoses with good results. They last several years (4th year on this one) and you can get them, and their accessories, literally everywhere and nearly all campgrounds. I tried one of those "fancy" hoses but it fared no better than a Rhino. Don't remember the brand but seems like it had kind of a teal blue stripe than ran along the wire inside the hose?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #4
dutchmensport

I always have several 10 foot hoses of a couple brands. I like the grey hose (don't know what brand that is), opposed to the brown one. The brown one is thinner. The grey ones seem to hold up better against pin holes.

As said, I have many of them I carry. With 2 outlets several feet apart, I want to make sure I have enough I can hook both together with a Y and still reach the campground sewer connection, regardless of what position the hook-up may be with regards to my outlets. So, I carry a lot.

Over the last several years, I attempt to use the same ones, especially when using only the Barker Blue Tote and at the actual dump station. Over time they do wear out. Mine get moved around a lot.

On average, I can expect to replace 2 ten foot hoses every year, usually when one begins to leak around the connection, more than pin holes.

So, it's just part of the nature of the hobby, replace a couple every year. I purchased 2 new ones this year, currently using older ones first as our campsites have been non-full hook-ups this year and I use the Blue Tote. I keep one attached to each outlet to hook up to the Blue Tote and the 3rd one at the dump station.

I think it's just part of the nature of the experience. Get new hoses every year. Kind of like the tires. When you "feel" their usefulness is approaching their end, it's time to get new ones before they go bad at the worst possible time.

Nothing lasts forever..... nothing!
Old 05-18-2023, 09:38 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

We use the CAMCO Revolution 360 kit from WalMart. It's been on the shelf at every WalMart we've shopped at, so that makes it "readily available". Cost is $36 for the kit which has two 10' section that connect if needed, caps for all 4 ends, a opaque (can see what's going through the hose) 90 degree sewer screw on fitting. Our current kit is going on 6 or 7 years of use and still works with no leaks.

For me, the "nice feature" is that with the caps, you can compress the hose, put the caps on and it'll stay compressed. That makes for easier storage, but more important, if there's a small leak in the hose, it'll expand before the next stop, so it's a "quick indicator of leaking hoses"....

While there's many more brands and features, this kit seems to check all our boxes and doesn't break the bank. Year before last, WalMart in Gaylord had them on clearance. I bought two extra sets to stick on the shelf... They are still there, "gathering dust". Even with camping "full time" 2-3 months a season, they seem to be durable enough to use for multiple years.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Rev...0&from=/search

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 10:08 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

We have had good luck with the Rhino. The heaviest duty one we have ever used is a Thetford Titan. The only thing I don't like about the Titan is that it is so heavy duty that it doesn't readily compress to a manageable length for transport. My TT came with a 2' hose carrier mounted underneath so that is only good for the cheapest of sewer hoses. I mounted a 4' carrier on the back frame (no bumper on my model) and that handles the Rhino with ease. A 15' Titan will only compress down to about 6' - 7' and with no bumper/bumper storage and no place to mount a longer storage tube, it just stays at home.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:38 AM   #7
German Shepherd Guy

Thanks all for the input on the "outgo".
This season I will be needing new tires (age worn) and as promised will be repacking my bearings.
This has the promise of being one of the best seasons in a while here in the central Rockies as we have plentiful water this year.

Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote