Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2023, 06:53 PM   #1
peanut

Wheel I.D.

I hope someone can I.D. this 15" wheel. Tried searching online but didn't find anything. Need one new wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 _cougar wheels-standard-width-1500px-gigapixel.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	43448  

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:23 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There isn’t any ID marks on the back of the rim?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:25 PM   #3
travelin texans

Lionshead or Tredit wheels.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe it's a Tredit Pinnacle 6 lug. Take a look at this link, scroll down to the correct lug count and it should be the first one on the left: https://www.tredittire.com/wheel/pinnacle/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 07:17 AM   #5
peanut

Thanks, everyone. Help is appreciated. It does appear to be a Tredit Pinnacle. I'll say 100%

Chuck - no wheels off the trailer and, at 76 yrs, I don't really want to wiggle under it in the rain to see what it says on the back side. I want this for my spare which is mounted on a generic steel wheel like this one in the pic. Ugly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Snap 2023-04-06 at 08.10.53.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	43457  

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #6
Max23

Well, on the positive side, doubt anyone would try n steal that spare.
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:20 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Thanks, everyone. Help is appreciated. It does appear to be a Tredit Pinnacle. I'll say 100%

Chuck - no wheels off the trailer and, at 76 yrs, I don't really want to wiggle under it in the rain to see what it says on the back side. I want this for my spare which is mounted on a generic steel wheel like this one in the pic. Ugly.

You know, I think that's a good idea. I've only pulled my spare maybe 3 times; 2 I put it on the ground and the 3rd I put the spare tire on the regular wheel and the flat one on the spare to get them replaced. You're right, they're ugly. Now, to be lucky enough to find a wheel fit as well....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:58 AM   #8
Marinerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I believe it's a Tredit Pinnacle 6 lug. Take a look at this link, scroll down to the correct lug count and it should be the first one on the left: https://www.tredittire.com/wheel/pinnacle/
Thanks for the link John. I just went there and got the part number and ordered one to replace my spare wheel at USA Fleet Supply. I had to put the spare on my 26RBS back in January and it definitely IS ugly on the side of the trailer. Hopefully I will never need to use it…
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 06:08 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

You're very welcome. Hopefully, as you say, you never have to use your spare again, but in the event that you do, remember that from the time that tire failed until the time you got the rig stopped and the weight off of the other tire on that side, the "remaining good tire" was critically overloaded. It may only take a few hundred feet or it may take a few hundred miles, BUT THAT TIRE WILL FAIL from being overloaded and having to carry the weight normally carried by both tires. So, rest assured, you WILL be riding on a ticking time bomb with that "tire that didn't go flat on the same side."

So, if you ever do have to use your spare, when you're buying a new tire to replace the failed one, BUY TWO and replace both tires on that side.... Depending on the date your tires were manufactured, you might consider that single failure as a "signal" or a "warning" to just bite the bullet and buy 5 tires.

Oh, as a final thought, don't get rid of that "ugly wheel"... When you get around to making that "trek to Alaska" which most of us do sometime in our trailering life, you'll probably want to carry a second spare. By that time, the "ugly part" won't matter as much as it does now......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 07:31 AM   #10
travelin texans

While on the subject of spare tires!
Apparently the OP had no problems putting the spare on, but with some that have aluminum wheels with a steel wheel on the spare the lug nuts for the aluminum wheels won't tighten down properly when using the steel wheel.
My last 5er I had to buy 8 open ended lug nuts to use with the spare, fortunately when I found this out it wasn't along the highway with a flat, I was doing maintenance & needed the spare on the ground for bit.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #11
jim1

Get the proper lug nuts for the spare and also replace all of the crappy factory ones that have a tin cover on them with solid lug nuts. Sooner than later you will be torquing your wheels and one of those tin caps will spin. Then the fun starts. Been there dun that!
Retired-Lovin' 7 Saturdays a week!!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:26 PM   #12
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Thanks from me too, John. I have the same wheels. Cougar 23MLE.

I was thinking of getting 2 and having 2 new tires on there to swap out a pair if one blows. But then I'd also want 2 more TPMS sensors and after swapping the tires I'd need to have the system relearn the sensor locations.

I'm wondering if it would be better to just have a couple new tires on board and the ugly spare will encourage me to put them on the wheels sooner. Hahahahaha
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:22 AM   #13
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post

I also bought a second spare, but I shopped on www.etrailer.com for an aluminum wheel/tire assembly that closely resembled the original.
I did find that the steel wheel was actually a couple pounds lighter than the aluminum wheel, which isn't a big deal, just FYI stuff.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 09:50 AM   #14
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Lug Size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
While on the subject of spare tires!
Apparently the OP had no problems putting the spare on, but with some that have aluminum wheels with a steel wheel on the spare the lug nuts for the aluminum wheels won't tighten down properly when using the steel wheel.
My last 5er I had to buy 8 open ended lug nuts to use with the spare, fortunately when I found this out it wasn't along the highway with a flat, I was doing maintenance & needed the spare on the ground for bit.
Well this post couldn't have come at a better time, but I need help in how to determine lug nut size for my Dexter Axles. I had forgotten all about the steel spare lugs needing to be open ended. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Axle 1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	44002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Axle 2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	44003  
Old 05-25-2023, 01:55 AM   #15
Marinerjoe

Tredit Wheel Located and lug nuts

It took me three attempts to locate a vendor that could get me a Tredit WH156-6A-PNNB wheel so I could replace the steel wheel with one that matches the four on my 2022 26RBS. The vendor had to do a LOT of calling, and he finally found out that a number of them were in a Tredit warehouse. Still, it’s taken quite a bit of time to get the wheel shipped, and FedEx is scheduled to deliver it to me today.

The vendor that went above and beyond to locate and order for me that wheel is Humphreys Hitch And Trailer Parts. Their website is https://www.humphreystrailerparts.com/.

These are the lug nuts I got to mount the spare wheel on the carrier on my rear bumper. Bolt Dropper Open Ended Lug Nuts - Chrome Locking Car Lug Nuts Set - Wheel Lug Nuts with Key and Impact Socket - Use for Car, Trucks, Trailer - Easy-to-Use and Manual Installation https://a.co/d/2gAFiBI
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:47 AM   #16
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerjoe View Post
It took me three attempts to locate a vendor that could get me a Tredit WH156-6A-PNNB wheel so I could replace the steel wheel with one that matches the four on my 2022 26RBS. The vendor had to do a LOT of calling, and he finally found out that a number of them were in a Tredit warehouse. Still, it’s taken quite a bit of time to get the wheel shipped, and FedEx is scheduled to deliver it to me today.

The vendor that went above and beyond to locate and order for me that wheel is Humphreys Hitch And Trailer Parts. Their website is https://www.humphreystrailerparts.com/.

These are the lug nuts I got to mount the spare wheel on the carrier on my rear bumper. Bolt Dropper Open Ended Lug Nuts - Chrome Locking Car Lug Nuts Set - Wheel Lug Nuts with Key and Impact Socket - Use for Car, Trucks, Trailer - Easy-to-Use and Manual Installation https://a.co/d/2gAFiBI
Hey Joe,

I see the lug nuts you purchased were 1/2"-20.

I was hoping for one the experts on here to assist with direction for lugs on Dextor Axles, but I discovered that Dextor has all their manuals available, so answer found and all is well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dextor Axles.pdf (89.4 KB, 79 views)