Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2023, 02:37 PM   #1
jasin1

gas fumes in toy haulers?

Went to the rv show today and have my heart set on a new toyhauler.
Will mostly have electric bikes and kayaks in the back but occasionally maybe a small outboard motor and a four wheeler.
wondering how noticeable are fumes from the garage area…i know it’s not ducted to the rest of the rv but are smells and fumes something common with toyhaulers? i was looking at the raised bed rear bedroom model with small garage underneath originally but think the 11’ rear garage would suit us better and just 39’ overall
Old 02-27-2023, 08:16 AM   #2
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Went to the rv show today and have my heart set on a new toyhauler.
Will mostly have electric bikes and kayaks in the back but occasionally maybe a small outboard motor and a four wheeler.
wondering how noticeable are fumes from the garage area…i know it’s not ducted to the rest of the rv but are smells and fumes something common with toyhaulers? i was looking at the raised bed rear bedroom model with small garage underneath originally but think the 11’ rear garage would suit us better and just 39’ overall

As long as you get a hauler with the enclosed garage you won't notice any fuel smells in the main living area. Provided you keep the door closed The garage is sealed well enough that I can't close the ramp door without having the side door open because of the pressure.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #3
NH_Bulldog

Any toy hauler I have owned or been in has a good vent system. There are scupper type vents on both sides that pull air out of the garage to the outside while traveling. I have never had one smell of gas while hauling my Harley or SxS UTV.

As a general observation, if a toy hauler is so air tight that you can’t close the ramp door without having another door or window open, there is a failure in the venting system that should be looked into and is a safety issue
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:32 PM   #4
jasin1

thanks for the reply’s!
Old 02-28-2023, 04:51 AM   #5
notanlines

What Bulldog said^^^^. The only time I smelled gas is when we had a small fuel leak in the FI system of the bike. As soon as a new seal was installed the smell went away. The area is well vented.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, toy hauler