Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2022, 08:49 PM   #1
markdol1

stock hitch specs

Hi folks .another one for the gurus. Looking to replace my sketchy stock 2010 ram 3500 hitch ,it is getting rusty and tube is a little bent. My local dodge dealer parts man cannot tell me how much tongue and weight carrying capacity the factory one is . it seems to be a class 4 2 inch receiver . I cant seem to find a replacement hitch because they are for a 34 frame width i have an 8 ft bed that has a 42 or better frame width. My local fabricator gave me a price of $1,500 for a custom setup, not happening! Curt shows some nice ones but wont work for me. Any ideas. Thanks.
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 05:15 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Did you try these guys?

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2010_...s-2_Inch_Hitch
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:33 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I second Danny's recommendation. CURT manufacturers the C-15400/15401 "universal" hitch (fits GM and RAM trucks) and the C-15409 "vehicle specific only to RAM" hitch.

I'd call e-trailer on Monday/Tuesday morning and ask them specifically which hitch fits your truck. That said, I'd also remeasure your frame rail width, just to make sure you've got the exact measurements to discuss with e-trailer....

As a note, CURT hitch company "used to have an excellent customer information system"... Now that Lippert has bought them, I haven't had any reason to call them, but have heard that their toll free number "goes to the Lippert help desk". If so, I'd trust e-trailer's info more than Lippert.

You can call e-trailer at 1-800-496-5010

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:50 PM   #4
markdol1

hitch specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Yup talked to all the sellers, good for 34 inch wide frames. I called out to you folks, the majority whom are seasoned campers are pretty much experts by now, certainly more informed than sales folks .
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch