Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #81
wegone

And although Island Eddie, you are 100% correct that Covid does indeed affect every area of life including RVing, people don't come here for that. So, it should likely not honestly be discussed. Yet, I have replied ......... lmao!

LOVE IT, oh the irony

We all gobble click bait....hahahaha.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:47 AM   #82
wegone

"Covid vs. the Flu" has no relevance to Rving

OK, I see your point the way it was "titled" in comparing the two.

Yes, I agree in that respect it is presented argumentized, and not solely about the impact that COVID is placing upon our travels.

I failed to see that to begin with, I stand corrected
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:18 AM   #83
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd invite everyone to stop for a moment, take a look at the first thread in this section of the forum. It's titled: New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

The last sentence in that sticky, detailing the rationale for the section reads:

"P.S. Now go wash your hands!" which, BTW, also isn't directly related to RVing (in the truest sense)....

The free expression if ideas (whether DIRECTLY related to Keystone RV's or not) is covered in the boundaries located in that Sticky.

We don't want to censor posts, are allowing as much "freedom of expression" as we can, so long as it doesn't become political. So far, it looks like the thread is "tip-toeing around the fringes"... Please think about what you post and how it comes across to others. If "a bull runs through the china shop" we'll have to close the thread.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:28 AM   #84
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd invite everyone to stop for a moment, take a look at the first thread in this section of the forum. It's titled: New forum for Covid-19 Topics - README

The last sentence in that sticky, detailing the rationale for the section reads:

"P.S. Now go wash your hands!" which, BTW, also isn't directly related to RVing (in the truest sense)....

The free expression if ideas (whether DIRECTLY related to Keystone RV's or not) is covered in the boundaries located in that Sticky.

We don't want to censor posts, are allowing as much "freedom of expression" as we can, so long as it doesn't become political. So far, it looks like the thread is "tip-toeing around the fringes"... Please think about what you post and how it comes across to others. If "a bull runs through the china shop" we'll have to close the thread.....
Thanks, John, for the reminder of the boundaries. For my part, a properly focused Covid discussion has a great deal to do with RVing.

With the various mask mandates, and some places utilizing some kind of vaccine passports (whether or not they are constitutional or legal) has an impact on where we can go or what we can do. I, for one, pay attention to those kinds of restrictions or limitations in deciding where we will travel. For us, the reason to travel to a certain locale is to see and do what's available in that area. If the restrictions are too 'restrictive' then we'll plan to travel somewhere else.

Being aware of those regional issues, partly by reading other folk's experiences on this forum, helps in that planning. We all have opinions about all of this and some of those will become transparent in these discussions. For me, within the context of this forum, my distaste for Covid restrictions is related to whether or not I can freely go somewhere, do something, and enjoy it. If not, I'll take my trailer somewhere where I can.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #85
Scttw

Talking

@john

see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bullinchina.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	38230  
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #86
wiredgeorge

If I were in charge, I would ban everyone who posted in this thread... errrrr wait one on that brilliance. As far as the china flu, everyone has a take and an opinion. Some clash. Who cares? My wife makes me wear a mask when I come home after work... I am suspicious she is sick of looking at me. Now what did I do with my hand sanitizer?

This place is kind of like sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner with all the family and starting a discussion of politics or religion. That seems to work out about as well as a china flu discussion.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:55 PM   #87
jasin1

I respect everyone’s opinions I really do but

How did we reach a place in the world where if one person doesn’t like what they hear then nobody’s allowed to hear it

Feels like we have made leaps and bounds in technology but going backward as far as dealing with people from day to day

I don’t like certain tv programming so I don’t watch it…I don’t write into the network and demand they take it off the air

Have a little flexibility people..life is hard enough at times
Old 02-04-2022, 04:35 PM   #88
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I respect everyone’s opinions I really do but

How did we reach a place in the world where if one person doesn’t like what they hear then nobody’s allowed to hear it

Feels like we have made leaps and bounds in technology but going backward as far as dealing with people from day to day

I don’t like certain tv programming so I don’t watch it…I don’t write into the network and demand they take it off the air

Have a little flexibility people..life is hard enough at times
When I worked for the Fed many moons ago, they had awareness classes on harassment. You know the kind. They stated that if an individual PERCEIVED a wrong word, look or anything, perception was their reality and YOU were in the wrong. This thinking has gotten to the point where I might need a safe space sitting in my closet. Now certain gaggles control the narative and if one speaks a different tune that person is either cancelled, banned or that person's right to breathe is questioned. Don't mean we can spout ad nauseum but somewhere the balance has been lost. This forum does a pretty good job of balancing.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #89
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Eddie, these are to be delivered by the USPS. What rocket scientist/ brain surgeon determined that was a good idea?
This made me giggle a little. There is an article in our newspaper today debating whether the tests sent out by the govt through the PO are any good after sitting in a mailbox at below zero temps for hours on end. Seems as how no one knows for sure since most of the tests say to store at 36-85 degrees F - and we’ve been sitting at highs in the single digits and lows below zero the past few days/ weeks in MN…. I’m not thinking the rocket scientist who came up with this brilliant plan understands or lives where it gets cold in winter….

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:45 PM   #90
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
This made me giggle a little. There is an article in our newspaper today debating whether the tests sent out by the govt through the PO are any good after sitting in a mailbox at below zero temps for hours on end. Seems as how no one knows for sure since most of the tests say to store at 36-85 degrees F - and we’ve been sitting at highs in the single digits and lows below zero the past few days/ weeks in MN…. I’m not thinking the rocket scientist who came up with this brilliant plan understands or lives where it gets cold in winter….

Those "rocket scientists" don't understand the real world as they live in their "safe place" bubbles isolated from reality....and tell real life folks what to do...
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #91
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post

Yes, THIS one sentence explains what's wrong with the world!

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #92
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Yep. I use Flonase in the winter to keep my sinuses clear. It comes from e-Scripts through the mail and is delivered to our mailbox down by the road... Glass bottles with liquid in them Well, the first 3 were all frozen and the bottles broken/cracked. I called e-Scripts, they resent the order. Sure enough, all the bottles were cracked/broken. I called e-Scripts, they said they'd send it UPS with instructions to only deliver with a signature (to assure the weren't left out in the cold)... I signed for the order, took it inside, opened the package, and sure enough, all 3 bottles were cracked/frozen... I went to WalMart and bought a bottle of Flonase that lasted until spring and now only order refills while the temperature is above freezing....

WHAT COULD GO WRONG WITH COVID TESTS MAILED IN THE WINTER ???? Hmmmmm

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:21 AM   #93
Scttw

John, you crack me up (pun intended).
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote