Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks PARAPTOR.

You're explanation is the same conclusion I made. Where are you locating your EMS? My breaker panel, fuses etc. are right on the front wall as I come in the door. I'm not sure how I would actually put another device on the wall without tearing the wall out. I know all units are different, and I will probably use one that plugs in at the pedestal for now to avoid voiding the warranty, but I think an internal unit would reduce or eliminate theft, which is worrisome.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks PARAPTOR.

You're explanation is the same conclusion I made. Where are you locating your EMS? My breaker panel, fuses etc. are right on the front wall as I come in the door. I'm not sure how I would actually put another device on the wall without tearing the wall out. I know all units are different, and I will probably use one that plugs in at the pedestal for now to avoid voiding the warranty, but I think an internal unit would reduce or eliminate theft, which is worrisome.
Glad to hear you got something out of my rattling , there are a few threads out there you may want to read. Do a search for "EMS" or " Surge Protection" They will provide you with more insight on general info and the different types also where members have located them. Can not remember the type trailer you have nice to read general info and then read how it was installed in your specific trailer. I also have a thread out there that I am going to close out today as to what I found. Good point on Warranty do not think I remember reading any concerns out there. But I was concerned doing anything till warranty was up. Do not want to give them any excuse to support the warranty. My Raptor has a generator which is another think to consider.

Based on your questions I would definitely read these threads out there
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote