Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Lester55

bow on kitchen floor

We bought a Montana 3400RL 2010. We have had the RV for two months and today my wife noticed the kitchen floor is bowed long ways with the slide out. If your in the RV and standing in front of the kitchen the bow starts on the left side and gradually decreases towards the right side. I can slip my hand between the floor and the slide and move my hand along the slide and it gradually gets narrower. I hope I have explained this ok. Is it out of adjustment?

Lester and Annette
Lester55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
Jim W

Our you talking about the slide out unit? Is the slide floor raised up in relation to the main coach floor? If so I would get the 5er back to the dealer and have them readjust the slide so it sits level.
I believe there is a means to level the slide out unit in relation to the coach. This is in the Lippert manuals and you could do it but the dealer should since it is under warranty. I have attached a link to Lippert for you.
http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option...d=54&Itemid=66

I know how to do it since I had to adjust my 4 year old 5er, when it went out of adjustment from the jack screw nut coming loose. I adjusted the unit last year and then traded it in for our 2010 Cougar.
Good Luck.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Lester55

bow on kitchen floor

the bow is on the floor of the unit not the slide out. I checked out the bolts on the slide and you can tell where the bolts and washers were previously. the bolts are tight and it looks like there had been an adjustment.
I put a straight edge across the floor and there is a gap on one end. it rocks like a teeter totter about a eight or quarter inch. This is suppose to be a new unit. who has been adjusting a new unit. Well we will call Folsom Lake RV where we bought the unit and see what they have to say.
Thanks for the response.
Lester55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
Jim W

Is this bow under the carpeting? If it is they might be able to remove the carpeting and level the floor. It seems from your description that someone may have tried this already.
I would look into sanding the plywood or raising the other end with a floor leveler from a supply house that sells tile. This is a thin set material that you apply to the lower portion of the floor and then cover with a Luna plywood about 1/8 thick. Reinstall your carpeting and you should be good to go.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote