Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
CuriousTraveller

Full timing in Canada

Hello from the west coast of Canada.

I’ve been gifted a 2007 Springdale 266 RELL-GL and am starting to prep it to move into it in a few months. For its age, it’s in surprisingly good shape so I've got a great starting point. May want to get into a 4-season TT by next winter, but this is a fabulous start.

I’m no stranger to full-timing… lived in my 36’ Okanagan fifth wheel 20+ years ago and absolutely loved it. It’s time to get back to this lifestyle that I loved so much.

Very grateful to be part of these forums.

May I use everything I have wisely before I ask for more or different.
CuriousTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousTraveller View Post
Hello from the west coast of Canada.

I’ve been gifted a 2007 Springdale 266 RELL-GL and am starting to prep it to move into it in a few months. For its age, it’s in surprisingly good shape so I've got a great starting point. May want to get into a 4-season TT by next winter, but this is a fabulous start.

I’m no stranger to full-timing… lived in my 36’ Okanagan fifth wheel 20+ years ago and absolutely loved it. It’s time to get back to this lifestyle that I loved so much.

Very grateful to be part of these forums.
Welcome to the forum!
and congratulations…the build quality on your 2007 may very well surpass the latest crop of covid era deliveries.

If you do a site search you may find some hints into preparing for winter living.

Don’t know if there are any true four season rigs…more like “3 season mild winter capable”…especially for Canada
Old 01-15-2022, 01:22 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. First thing before you start towing it, check the age on the tires. They can look brand new but age can deteriorate them to the point of being dangerous.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
CuriousTraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Welcome to the forum!
and congratulations…the build quality on your 2007 may very well surpass the latest crop of covid era deliveries.

If you do a site search you may find some hints into preparing for winter living.

Don’t know if there are any true four season rigs…more like “3 season mild winter capable”…especially for Canada
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm learning that the older models of any brand rv are definitely more sound overall than the newer ones. My Okanagan was a 2000, bought new, and was one of the best quality in it’s class of all the ones I toured at the time. I hear the quality went downhill after that. Considering this Springdale has been all over the States and Canada, it’s still solid and straight everywhere. I'm impressed.

I lived in the OK with arctic package (or whatever they called it) on the Alberta prairies in winter at -40C and we managed to stay toasty, never froze up. Being in the mild PNW climate now, winterizing is a breeze!

Old 01-15-2022, 02:25 PM   #5
CuriousTraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Welcome to the forum. First thing before you start towing it, check the age on the tires. They can look brand new but age can deteriorate them to the point of being dangerous.
Thanks so much for the welcome! Wise words. The first thing I did was check out the tires and brakes. Tires are split, brakes need replacing all around, and probably will repack or replace the bearings while we're at it.

This thing isn’t moving until all that’s done. Great advice, thanks.

Old 01-16-2022, 03:03 PM   #6
Gary R.

Hi there and welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!

I also believe the general build quality of older RV's is superior to what the manufactures turn out now.

Have fun and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:03 AM   #7
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:10 AM   #8
CuriousTraveller

Thanks for the warm welcomes. So much helpful info on these forums!