Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2022, 07:31 AM   #1
Bstaabjr1

Need some 12V circuit breaker help

I have a 2016 Keystone 29rli. The main slide goes out fine, but has been very slow coming back in to the point of stopping. I keep all of the slides clean and lubricated, and the cables are fine and functioning as intended.
The slide drive is a Ball Accuslide cable driven system. (see photo)
I've taken it to a certified local rv shop, and their advise was to bring it in, let it stop, wait a few minutes, bring it in, repeat.
Thanks to help from this forum, I believe the issue has to do with my circuit breakers tripping.
I replaced the 12V 30 amp reset circuit breaker in the photo and the situation seems to have improved (slide came all the way back in without stopping). Only tried it once as I was in our storage field with about 12.3 volts on the battery.
My question is, I believe the devices in the second photo are also breakers and am wondering if one of those could possibly be contributing to the issue?
If so, which one (A or B) should I replace.
Again, all of the other slides (kitchen and bedroom closet) work fine, and the main slide in question goes out fine, but seems to come in slower than the others.
Thanks for any guidance, Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12v 30 amp circuit breaker.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	37843   Click image for larger version

Name:	12V wiring.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	37844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ball accuslide motor.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	37846  
Bstaabjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:38 PM   #2
GHen

12.3 volts is the bare minimum for a battery and may not be enough to work the slide much. Fully charged battery is 12.7.

If at 12.3 and you start the slide, it could drop below 12v and the controller just shuts off.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #3
Bstaabjr1

Getting the same results with fully charged battery
Old 01-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #4
jasin1

Could be the slide motor itself is drawing more amps when slide is retracted….there could possibly be more resistance on the slide assembly when it’s retracting.
Wonder if you can lubricate the slide mechanism or clean any of the slide wear plates or anything that the slide actually travels on.
It probably improved with the new breaker because it is closer to spec and not weak from tripping over the years or just from its age…slide motor could be weak as well
Old 01-13-2022, 04:33 PM   #5
GHen

Do you have the same problem when it’s plugged into shore power? The converter being on would give you a little more voltage.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:36 PM   #6
Bstaabjr1

I’m kind of afraid that is the issue. We keep the floor clean, the bottom of slide clean and lubed with dry lube, etc. I think they may have had cheap plastic tracks that the room slides in on. Perhaps they are cracked?
Will see what I can do to reduce friction.
I think they have an equivalent high torque motor which might be worth investigating.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2022, 06:37 PM   #7
Bstaabjr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
Do you have the same problem when it’s plugged into shore power? The converter being on would give you a little more voltage.
Unfortunately yes.