Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I have no experience losing the Internet in the middle of an update, but it's the standard "download and store the whole file first, then install it" strategy. If the Internet fails, the incomplete download is discarded and no update is performed.

Last time I used OTA, it downloaded three files, installed one, had to reboot immediately, then told me it still had two files inside that needed to be installed and asked me to do the next one. So it seems pretty robust.
Oh ok that makes sense…thanks!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:02 AM   #22
Courser Farm

Update from OP. I was finally able to register my phone app with Global Connect and now I can run everything from inside my home. Anywhere. It’s been great specially with 5 inches of white stuff last night. Once in a while I get the message that it is “off line” but within a minute it resolves. So it has been 4 days with this success. Fingers and eyes crossed.
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #23
LHaven

I also see the occasional off-line message, sometimes once every few days, and then some days several times an hour – but since it always resolves itself within about 60 seconds, I'm not inclined to pursue it further with ASA. We have established what is not causing it, and that is external wireless signal strength or connectivity.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:32 AM   #24
ChuckS

Yup and every time you do a firmware update there is that chance of "bricking it" and then what....

Personally I enjoy a lot of the new technology and remarkable things being done nowadays

But for RV control I will not own an RV with In Command, One Control, Jay Command, etc. the number of posts with system control issues is quite high...

Give me a central panel with analog switches and wiring that I can trace and TS..

Also tying HVAC into the In Command BCM was and is still a bad idea... They should have kept HVAC separate with a more reliable thermostat than the capacitive touch unit that fails all the time..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote