Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2022, 05:41 AM   #1
Texas Steve

RV Show in San Antonio

If anyone is interested, there is a RV show in San Antonio Texas this weekend. It will be at the Freeman Coliseum an starts Thursday through Sunday. My DW actually brought it to my attention! This may be an expensive weekend!
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:25 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Steve View Post
If anyone is interested, there is a RV show in San Antonio Texas this weekend. It will be at the Freeman Coliseum an starts Thursday through Sunday. My DW actually brought it to my attention! This may be an expensive weekend!

Any idea where discount coupons can be had?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
Texas Steve

I looked on line and they offer discount coupons on their website. Free parking also. San Antonio RV Show - https://southtexasrvsupersale.com/
Old 01-05-2022, 05:18 PM   #4
Mike&Sandy

I'm in SA. I've never seen an RV show here that was of any significance. We're going to the one in Houston next month.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 3.42
San Antonio, TX
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

A bit of a report; My missus, sis and BIL went today. Looked at campers till I was sick of looking at campers. Perhaps I would have been more enthused if I was in the market to buy.

There were some vendors at the show but pickings were slim. RV Flex Armor roof fella from Bertram was therehttps://bertram.rvroof.com/ ; I had considered using them but didn't want to drag my camper up to Bertram and leave it for several week. Shade RV was there https://www.shaderv.com/ and I had considered buying one to keep the sun off during higher temps but crawling on the roof to set this system up for a long weekend did fit for us.

Looked at campers; Class A some but not much, but mostly travel trailers and fivers. Liked the Crossroads Zinger 280RB (32') a lot. Floor plan was one of the best I have seen and the floor model had 50A service. Favorite 5th wheel was the Alliance. their 32' was super high quality and features I really like but they are pricey. $82K for the one I like. The model I liked was the Avenue 30RLS. Won't be trading in the Cougar anytime soon. Saw a Class A diesel pushed from Newmar that cost almost $800K. Guess someone has some money somewhere.

Anyway, got tired of looking at campers and went home satisfied. The show was entirely inside the Freeman Coluseum.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:38 PM   #6
gearhead

Hey George are those RV Flex Armor roof shops competitive against each other? In other words can I get a different price from one in Bertram vs. one in Houston?
I'm seeing more and more Alliance 5th's on the roads.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:56 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Hey George are those RV Flex Armor roof shops competitive against each other? In other words can I get a different price from one in Bertram vs. one in Houston?
I'm seeing more and more Alliance 5th's on the roads.

I have an RV-Armor roof and they have no flexibility in pricing; done by the foot. The Flex Armor guy in Bertram had me tell him how much a new EPDM roof cost at Class A RV Repair in Pipe Creek (I had gotten a price), the RV-Armor price I paid and the Rhino lining (they make a product for RV roofs). I told him how much the insurance adjuster would give me and the Flex Armor guy was willing to do the roof for that price. They are franchised so would be willing to match costs I think. I only went with RV-Armor as the insurance company was paying and they come to your location. Also at the time I did my roof they gave me a lifetime fully transferable warranty and the Flex Armor was 20 years. Flex Armor is now doing lifetime (don't know all details). RVroof.com

The guy at the show had covered a skylight in his product and demonstrated jumping on it to show the product didn't crack. They don't cover skylights during normal install and this was just to demo his product's durability and flexability. I am very happy with RV-Armor but wouldn't hesitate to use Flex Armor as well. Both are top rate. Don't know about the Rhino Lining product but it is sprayed and costs more but can be done in whatever color you like I think.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #8
jasin1

George did they have the rv’s discounted for the show? Or were they only advertising msrp? …I know that past rv shows precovid advertised deep discounts and that recent shows the discount was changing daily for the run of the show…just curious
Old 01-09-2022, 06:09 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Just like those kiosks in a shopping mall selling gold for 90 percent off prior to Christmas. All of them had "deep discounts" over an MSRP that they likely made up or perhaps used the one from the manufacturer's website. $40K travel trailers were marked down to $33K and similar for all of them.

One seller had signs up all over that said something to the effect that prices were only good through the duration of the show and said they would go back to regular prices come Monday. These same places always run ads saying they are extending RV show pricing and do it for a month after any show. The show seemed well attended and there were a number of units marked "SOLD". If I bought one from the show, I would have them shut the doors and not have gawkers going through and sampling my newly purchased camper.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:16 AM   #10
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Just like those kiosks in a shopping mall selling gold for 90 percent off prior to Christmas. All of them had "deep discounts" over an MSRP that they likely made up or perhaps used the one from the manufacturer's website. $40K travel trailers were marked down to $33K and similar for all of them.

One seller had signs up all over that said something to the effect that prices were only good through the duration of the show and said they would go back to regular prices come Monday. These same places always run ads saying they are extending RV show pricing and do it for a month after any show. The show seemed well attended and there were a number of units marked "SOLD". If I bought one from the show, I would have them shut the doors and not have gawkers going through and sampling my newly purchased camper.
Wait…what ..are you saying you know where I can get gold for 90% off??????
I will pm you
Old 01-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Increase the price by 50% then run a "sale" of 25% off! Those are great deals! Like buying tools at a flea market with a "lifetime warranty". You'll spend the rest of your lifetime chasing the guy down that sold it to you.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #12
Texas Steve

Unfortunately, I was down with my back all weekend and did not wind up going to the show, but from George's play by play it appears we did not miss much. Thanks for the update George!
Old 01-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

I stopped going to the Maryland RV show years ago. They typically have 2/yr. I got tired of looking at more booths with people selling windows, sunrooms and siding than RV related stuff. A couple of years ago we went to the Harrisburg, PA show and it was a huge disappointment. Around the Mid-Atlantic region Hershey, PA is the "big show".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:28 AM   #14
HDroadglide

The two big RV shows in Texas are Houston Feb 9-12 you can go on line and get a coupon that will give you one free admission with the purchased of one adult ticket. The Dallas show is Feb 24-27.
HDroadglide is offline   Reply With Quote