Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
wesaysoracing

MHC 331 , lost power on three outlets

On slide number two that has the refrigerator pantry and stove I have lost power to the television and a receptacle to the left side of the stove when you were looking at it and the refrigerator , i still have power to the fireplace, the receptacle to the right side of the stove when looking at it the microwave still has power along with the stove And the pantry has power, any ideas
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Kind of sorthing through this;

The pantry only has a light in the top - 12vdc. The stove only has the ignitor which is also 12vdc so those shouldn't be in the equation.

On mine the microwave runs off one breaker and the fridge receptacle (and others) run off another one. Have you checked those? Is your inverter on for the fridge?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #3
wesaysoracing

The three outlets that are not working, I think part of the inverter outlet for the refrigerator, the inverter is putting out voltage and amperage when I plug something into it and ran it, there is a shore power transfer switch that switch between the inverter and shore power end it is correctly working As all of the other inverter outlets in the camper work fine, it’s just the ones that are on the slide that are not working
Old 12-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
Skillet173

GFCI circuit trip? I found on my Fuzion the only way to turn off res. Fridge was to trip GFCI, but also lost TV and other sockets “downstream”

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #5
wesaysoracing

I only have one GFI see that I can fine and it’s in the bathroom and I reset it, I turned every breaker off and on seeing if they were needed to be reset, girlfriend plugEd Two electric skillets into that outlet and when it quit working the other two outlets quit also, I’m thinking circuit breaker somewhere but I can’t find it
Old 12-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #6
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Start at the left of the stove, pull it out & see if all wires are still attached. Wires only push into a slot almost like a scotch lock. If those are good go to the right side of the stove. Fireplace is a separate circuit.GFCI is on the 2 plugs on the island too.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:18 PM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesaysoracing View Post
I only have one GFI see that I can fine and it’s in the bathroom and I reset it, I turned every breaker off and on seeing if they were needed to be reset, girlfriend plugEd Two electric skillets into that outlet and when it quit working the other two outlets quit also, I’m thinking circuit breaker somewhere but I can’t find it
You should also have a GFCI in the kitchen somewhere & one in the convenience center where you connect city water.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:14 AM   #8
ChuckS

AS stated above I would pull the self contained 120vac wall outlets one by one looking for this as shown in the image uploaded.. a break in the "Daisy Chain" of connected outlets and you will have no power..

This also will not trip a breaker unless its really gotten hot, etc

Replace the outlets will a shallow old work box and a quality commercial grade 120 volt receptacle with screw terminals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	37363  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:45 PM   #9
Gord

Quote:
So when you turned the breakers off/on one at a time, the outlets started working until 2 skillets were plugged into one outlet and then the outlets went dead again?
If this is the case then you have a tripped circuit breaker in your 120 (30amp)or possibly 120/240V (50amp) distribution panel.
Not all circuit breakers have the handle move when they trip or have an indicating flag.
I would try resetting all of the breakers again and only plug one skillet into the outlet and see if it stays on.
Good luck
Gord
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #10
wesaysoracing

After a couple of hours Of tracing wires the power loss ended up being at the circuit breaker. It Was bad , replaced it and everything works again
Old 12-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #11
Gord

Quote:
After a couple of hours Of tracing wires the power loss ended up being at the circuit breaker. It Was bad , replaced it and everything works again
Glad to hear you found it and were able to fix.
Best of the Season to ya.
Cheers
Gord
Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #12
Ncgrandma

We had the same problem over Thanksgiving. We paid a Mobile rv repairman to come out. We were positive it was the inverter. Turned out one side of the 50 amp outlet in the park pedestal had gone bad. Had we moved our power cord to the 30 amp we would have been ok. A park maintenance guy came out immediately, replaced it and everything was fine. Cost the service call though.
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #13
travelin texans

Need to pickup an EMS, electrical management system, to add to the incoming shore power, hardwired or portable. The EMS will read both lines on 50 amp shore power, not sure if it shuts down if one line is dead, but it will show the voltage on L1/L2 plus protect the rv from about any/all electrical anomalies that could occur. IMHO you should never plug into any power source without the EMS, IMO it should be mandatory on all RVs.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlets, power