Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2021, 07:06 AM   #1
Pfxmichaelm

SmartPlug upgrade

Good Morning!

I am thinking about upgrading the shore power connections to the SmartPlug. Anyone have any experience or reviews?
Pfxmichaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
bfisher003

Yep, I put one on our Montana a year or so ago and really like it. WAY better than the original twist lock. No problems. Very solid connection. I recommend it.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #3
schwengel11161

Less likely for someone to borrow it except copper collectors.............
schwengel11161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #4
Sonders

just made this upgrade to our TT a few days ago. Removed the old mouse hole shore power cord from it and went with the Smart Plug. Pretty easy straight-forward install. My only issue was the fact that the Smart Plug housing wasn't as large as the hole left from the factory installed power cord. I had to get creative and make a plate to install first and then install the Smart Plug into. Have it plugged in to my garage currently, but won't be able to really test it out any until the spring.
It definitely has a nice solid click in connection. I was originally going to upgrade to the twist lock plug, but fond the Smart Plug and liked the idea of it having the 2 locking tabs on the side vs the threaded piece on the twist lock plug.
Sonders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade