Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
Ken / Claudia

RV forum comments

Just a shout out to everyone on here. In a positive way.
Since about 2004, I have been a member of a rv site of what ever RV I had. 1st was the Artic Fox followed by this one. I lived 2 miles from a Airstream dealer and owned 1 at one time. I check out their web site from time to time. Now I have an Outdoors RV TT on order. I have signed up on that site and am reading posts.
1st off as stated on here many times, all RVs have issues that people complain about, some of it is justified, some from not listening to or having a proper PDI or checking the manuals.
My opinion is this site and the current group of old timers who step up to help newbie's is the BEST of all the others.
The ORV site sure has many clueless RV owners. Many more than on here.
So be proud members, I think your all going well asking questions and getting proper answers.
Sometimes answers that a person may not want to hear, but truthful answers. That is really important to me. Coming from 39 years as a police officer. I learned early that telling people something that they wanted to hear to make them feel happy or good was easy, but wrong.
Anyway, I will be listing the Cougar for sale at some point before March and will still be on here. Pat yourselves on the back. Good Job.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
Cbrez

Well said. If only I was limber enough to pat myself on the back

This and the Montana owners club are the only forums I’ve ever joined. Always felt this is a first class exchange of information and ideas. It has certainly been very valuable to me. Glad you will stick around after you sell the Cougar.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #3
Laredo Tugger

Ken,
You've made some fine contributions to the exchange (forum) as well.
Thanks for staying on board.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
FlyingAroundRV

I wholeheartedly concur!
When we first decided to buy our Outback Ultralight, the dealer naturally told us we could tow it with a V6 F150. “Not so” I was forcefully told on these forums. So we gritted our teeth and added $10,000 to our truck budget for an F250.
It was the best advice we ever recieved. We have done many easy happy miles with our “Boris” and “Doris” thanks to having the right TV for our trailer.
After our last trip in 2019, we discovered that we had bent an axle. I had been searching for a connection who could help us with that and do it long distance (we live in Australia) when someone on the forums here passed a referral for Performance Trailer Braking. I contacted them and we now have a solution in the pipeline for not only fixing the axle, but converting to disc brakes and wet bolts, all of which I only learned about here.
Well done gang! And thank you from us.
BTW, I feel the forums is missing the like/upvotes features that are found on other forums. There have been many times I would have upvoted answers here but for that missing feature. Sometimes sending a “Thanks” is more than what's required and it would make valuable answers easier to find if they had some kind of rating on them.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #5
Mikendebbie

I agree with Cbrez…great help here and on the MOC forum!!!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote