Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2021, 08:34 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Where did you get the Carlisle tires? And who did the mounting? If I may ask….if I can just bring my trailer to the dealer it would be easier
I bought them on line. Before I had the chance to mount them the trailer was broken into at the storage lot. I had the break in damages repaired at the dealer where I bought it. That was a big mistake and a long story. Anyway, as some restitution for their screw ups they agreed to my terms to mount, balance, and install metal valve stems. Of course they screwed that up as they didn’t get them balanced because they used Ben's Tires in Joppa (which I know and have used) but they don’t lug balance. Do I made them do it over again and IIRC they had Goodyear across the highway balance them.

Long winded I apologize. I'm going to replace them come spring so I plan on starting a search first of March 2022. Just a side note. We bought the camper at Chesaco when it was family owned . I knew the owner (was in boy scouts with him) and the family was honest and decent. When I returned to get the burglary/vandalism repaired they had sold out to a company from CA. That was the worst experience ever. It took several trips back and forth for them to get thing right. I had had cervical spine #5 at the time so I wasn't concerned with turn around time. From what I've read recently the GM at the time "Mike" is no longer there but they are still having the same issues. Anyway, bottom line I wouldn't take a child's bike to them to have it worked on.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:37 AM   #22
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
So when I have my tires balanced should I have them put the tpms sensors on it to more accurately reflect the wheel balance?

Sorry for hijacking
I don’t think there's enough weight there to make a difference, especially if you have the cap sensors like I have.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

You might check pricing at WalMart online:

235 80R16 LRE is $104.92
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...10PLY/55012162

235 85R16 LRE is $123.21
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...10PLY/55012160

They also list 235 85R16 LRF, but there is no confirmation on the item page that does confirm that it's actually a 12 ply tire. It's listed at $121.02
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...5R16/118765859

I've ordered my last 4 sets of trailer tires from WalMart and found they are the cheapest pricing and comparable tire manufacture dates. They don't remove/install wheels on trailers. The reason, as I was told, is because they don't work "outside the service bays" and there is not enough room to pull a trailer into the bay. So, up to you to remove/install wheels. I do mine in the driveway, one side on jack stands and one side on jacks/wood blocks (I keep saying I'm going to buy another set of jack stands, but so far haven't found them on sale since HF stopped their 25% off coupons.

Anyway, check WalMart, you might save a few bucks and with their road hazard policy, you can get a tire replaced/fixed most anywhere there's a street light.....

ADDED: It's been my experience that most RV dealerships don't do "tire work". They farm it out to a nearby tire shop, so if you're expecting the dealership to "remove/replace your tires" chances are what they'll do is jack your trailer using the leveling system, remove all 4 tires, drop them off "down the street" and then go pick them up later, reinstall them and charge you "double for their trouble"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I bought them on line. Before I had the chance to mount them the trailer was broken into at the storage lot. I had the break in damages repaired at the dealer where I bought it. That was a big mistake and a long story. Anyway, as some restitution for their screw ups they agreed to my terms to mount, balance, and install metal valve stems. Of course they screwed that up as they didn’t get them balanced because they used Ben's Tires in Joppa (which I know and have used) but they don’t lug balance. Do I made them do it over again and IIRC they had Goodyear across the highway balance them.

Long winded I apologize. I'm going to replace them come spring so I plan on starting a search first of March 2022. Just a side note. We bought the camper at Chesaco when it was family owned . I knew the owner (was in boy scouts with him) and the family was honest and decent. When I returned to get the burglary/vandalism repaired they had sold out to a company from CA. That was the worst experience ever. It took several trips back and forth for them to get thing right. I had had cervical spine #5 at the time so I wasn't concerned with turn around time. From what I've read recently the GM at the time "Mike" is no longer there but they are still having the same issues. Anyway, bottom line I wouldn't take a child's bike to them to have it worked on.

Ok thanks..gonna stick with Walmart …yeah I almost bought a lifestyle 36 ft fifth wheel from that dealer…it had a 17000 lb gvwr…I didn’t buy it because my truck at the time only had a 2300 lb payload….they (salesman) couldn’t understand why I thought it couldn’t handle it. ….Thank god I didn’t attempt it
Old 09-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #25
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You might check pricing at WalMart online:

235 80R16 LRE is $104.92
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...10PLY/55012162

235 85R16 LRE is $123.21
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...10PLY/55012160

They also list 235 85R16 LRF, but there is no confirmation on the item page that does confirm that it's actually a 12 ply tire. It's listed at $121.02
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...5R16/118765859

I've ordered my last 4 sets of trailer tires from WalMart and found they are the cheapest pricing and comparable tire manufacture dates. They don't remove/install wheels on trailers. The reason, as I was told, is because they don't work "outside the service bays" and there is not enough room to pull a trailer into the bay. So, up to you to remove/install wheels. I do mine in the driveway, one side on jack stands and one side on jacks/wood blocks (I keep saying I'm going to buy another set of jack stands, but so far haven't found them on sale since HF stopped their 25% off coupons.

Anyway, check WalMart, you might save a few bucks and with their road hazard policy, you can get a tire replaced/fixed most anywhere there's a street light.....

ADDED: It's been my experience that most RV dealerships don't do "tire work". They farm it out to a nearby tire shop, so if you're expecting the dealership to "remove/replace your tires" chances are what they'll do is jack your trailer using the leveling system, remove all 4 tires, drop them off "down the street" and then go pick them up later, reinstall them and charge you "double for their trouble"....
Thanks! Gonna use Walmart
Old 09-09-2021, 09:07 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks! Gonna use Walmart
I would qustion if they have the adapter to lug centric balance and emphasis that if/when you take your tires there. For those around the country reading this thread there are no Discount Tire dealers anywhere near the Balt. Metro areas.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:17 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I would qustion if they have the adapter to lug centric balance and emphasis that if/when you take your tires there. For those around the country reading this thread there are no Discount Tire dealers anywhere near the Balt. Metro areas.
The WalMart here does have the capability to balance both lug centric and hub centric wheels. I can't speak for other locations, but would suspect that pretty much all of them are equipped "per corporate policy" with the same capabilities.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:14 PM   #28
mjsibe

Tires

Like you had original tires
7k miles 3 years old & boom a blowout.
Lucky no serious damage.
A fender brace & cracked plastic
Same size 205 75 x14 load range c
Power Kings.
I went with Goodyear ENDURANCE
215 75 x14 load range D.
As clearance was no issue.
Just a safety matter.
The aluminum wheels were rated for the increase.
Did a lot of research.
Quite happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210909_210440.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	35744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210909-205743_Photos.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	35745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210909-210010_Photos.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	35746  
mjsibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #29
Miloski

Not running GY, now I have something good to think about you.
Miloski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires