Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
rrandwr

Exclamation We Bought A Lemon - Keystone Challenger

April 2007, we purchased a new 2005, 2006, 2007 5th wheel-we're uncertain as to which since NO documents carry the same date. In 2000 we purchased our 1st new 5th wheel - and wish we had kept it due to problems with our Challenger, problems that begin with the screen door and continue through the unit. Electrical, construction, water, range, holes in side wall, ceiling, are a few of the areas of complaint/problems. We could not use this unit for holiday weekends, vacation time. It's now been in the shop for over (3) months for repairs that were to take 7 - 10 days according to the Keystone customer service manager and Springs Creek RV, Nebo, NC were we made our purchase. OUR SUGGESTION TO ALL: Keystone does build some good products; however, we have found or 5th wheel not to be one of them. LOOK at other product lines. AVOID AT ALL COST SPRINGS CREEK RV. Supposedly, their reputation is built on customer service - but we have seen none. Oh, yes, our unit is still not fixed and that is after 90 days!
rrandwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
caser41

Hopefully

Hi There. I am sorry to hear of all your problems. There is nothing as discouraging as to get a 'lemon', but keep on them and one day in the near future, you may be able to look back at this a laugh. Hopefully all will go well from now on....
caser41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
larry lewis

Angry lemon

I have also bought a lemon my unit was taken in for a leak around slide after a mo. in shop they got that problem fixed and then they were going to fix the flooring and pulled floor clovering up and black mold everywhere after about a week i have got keystone to replace this unit with another unit it took a lot of phone calls till i got hold of the right person a not backing down i hope the next unit will not have issues.
larry lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Genessa

MAJOR LEAK-splitting walls

Who did you talk to? I have so many problems with my trailer it beyond repair. Tonight I walked into my trailer and found my floor saturated in water. It went though its first rain storm since they fixed the seals they said were loose. Now my walls are splitting and my wood is molding! I have pages and pages of repairs on the trailer. This leak was major. It looks like someone turned on a garden hose inside the trailer. I want them to buy back this POS. I need any advice I can get. The last time I talked to KEYSTONE customer service with another leak problem he blew me off. Before I attempt a lawyer who can I call? This has gone above and beyond! Please HELP!
Genessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Trailer Trash2

Im sure glad my Keystone Product was made on Wensday in the middle of the week, I have had a few problem, but nothing realy big,
Old 09-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Flyguy

To know what year the trailer is look at the lower front left side (driver side) of the trailer, there you should find a label with the manufacture date, the model year runs from June through May so if the date reads June 2006 through May 2007 then it's an 07.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #7
richfaa

Did both of you guys call Keystone customer service in Goshen, Ind 866-425-4369. Did you relate your issues in a calm and rational manner. Did you report the conduct of your Dealer to Keystone. We have had problems with our 06 Montana 3400. We have never had a problem in dealing with or communicating with Keystone customer service.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

richfaa
You might note that the 2 members who submitted these posts did so almost a year ago and, in once case , 2 years. Somehow I doubt whether or not they are still contributing, active members of our Forum as we have not heard from them since they came on here and told us about their "issues". Although your suggestion to them is a very good one, I think they have "long gone" and wouldn't be listening. Richard.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
richfaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
richfaa
You might note that the 2 members who submitted these posts did so almost a year ago and, in once case , 2 years. Somehow I doubt whether or not they are still contributing, active members of our Forum as we have not heard from them since they came on here and told us about their "issues". Although your suggestion to them is a very good one, I think they have "long gone" and wouldn't be listening. Richard.
You are correct I did not note that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
dd45529

Almost missed that

I, too, almost missed the date of the posts. We have a 2007 Challenger, gently used when we bought it. Any (most) of the problems we have had were current owner induced. We really like our unit, 29TRL.
dd45529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
opschief

Smile Love my Challenger

I bought my 09 Challenger 30TRL in Oct.08 and 1 minor problem w/ the frig. Fixed by the dealer within a couple days.Otherwise its been a great 5'er. When it's time I'll be looking at Keystone again. Suncoast RV in Florida as been GREAT........
opschief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
Pegleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
richfaa
They probably got fed up with dealing with Keystone!
Pegleg is offline   Reply With Quote