Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
mikebrls

Passport info wanted

Ok , I am going back and forth between the passport 2810 vs the jayco whitehawk 28dbsh , they both have the same exact floor plan ,except the passport is 500 lbs lighter and the only thing that I like different on the Jayco is a walkable roof other then that I don't see any other difference in the 2 trailer's " that I no of "

So would you buy another passport again ?

anything you have to sway me one way or the other ?

Thank you for all your help

mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
BirchyBoy

I don't have experience with either, but the Jayco has a fridge by the master bed. That seems weird to me.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

There might be some feedback from Passport owners in general about that model and if you are lucky, a member with the identical model will see this post and provide you with some information.
Try doing a forum search for comments and/or visit the Community link and click on any of the Passport groups in that community.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Kristi

If we were ever going back to a TT from 5er, yes I would buy another passport. Our 2650bh had a floorplan close to the 2810, except for the bunk size. We really enjoyed our passport and had no trouble with it. I've never owned a jayco, so I can't compare the two. Congrats on whatever you decide on & happy camping!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
audio1der

We're extremely pleased with the build of our Passport after 2 full seasons.
We also looked at a Whitehawk, but there was more than a 500lb diff between the models we compared, as well as a sizeable price gap. We felt the Passport gave us everything we needed for less (the Jayco was more nicely finished, but it's supposed to be camping, right?).
FWIW while the Passport roof may or may not be "walkable", I go up several times a year on my hands and knees without fear or incident [I am 6', 200lbs]

Good luck with the decision!
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Javi

We own a 2890RL Passport Grand Touring.. No problems with it in two years of use... would I buy another...??? No.. It is what it is... a basic trailer with basic fixtures and furniture..

If you can afford it upgrade to a Cougar or even more.. this is an industry where you truly get what you pay for.. The more expensive trailers ARE BETTER... at least in fixtures and furnishings..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #7
mjeronimo

Passport

I have a passport 2810bh west over a year and no problems. The awning covers both doors, I like that feature, something the jayco doesn't. But the jayco has a ladder, if plan on covering it you won't have to schlep a step ladder to get on top. I wish keystone put a ladder on mine. Passport has a side window on the slide which I like.
But I must agree with Javi if you can afford a little more get a cougar. It is heavier, but better finishes all around and features like battery disconnect. I didn't purchase cougar because it was too heavy for my f-150 payload. Even the passport with all the gear-bikes- cooler- tables got too heavy, so I bought a f-250. Don't get me wrong I like my passport, but if had to do it over again I would have got the cougar.
mjeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:11 AM   #8
MisKaren1

Keystone Bullet

We were down to these exact 2 models. The Whitehawk's second fridge is outside, not in the master bedroom. My DH really wanted that option!!

We chose the Bullet 272BH because it is lighter than the 2810. If we had a different TV, we would have a Whitehawk. The 2 year warranty is a nice bonus.

That said, so far we love our Bullet! This layout is really nice and leaves a big living area.
MisKaren1 is offline   Reply With Quote