Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #21
Blackrock

Up and back in 2016 with my Keystone 5th wheel without any problems. Went in and out of McCarthy and across the old Denali highway as well. Not even a tire problem. Just take your time and enjoy the journey.

Bob n Judy n Nanook n Biscuit n Elsa
2016 Ram 1500 - 2016 Laredo 265SRK
Running on the ragged edge of respectability
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 02:11 PM   #22
Spock123

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymation View Post
If you would rather, you can ferry your camper from Washington State to Anchorage, Alaska and then drive the Alcan to meet it. My dad did this 35 years ago in a cross country trek from Virginia.
That’s a expensive option. Driving the highway is a lot more fun pulling your camper. The highway was very good up to Whitehorse and not to bad after that. From Dawson City to Chicken to Tok is bad in a lot of places. I drove from Tok to Chicken with my truck and the road went from good to very bad. Before I got to Chicken I thought I was going to have to put the truck in four wheel drive
Spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #23
jkugler

There are several RV-ing YouTubers who have journeyed to Alaska. Their videos may be helpful.
jkugler is offline   Reply With Quote