Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
twvette

LCI Level up hydraulic jacks system reboots several times to retract jacks ...

I have the 6 hydraulic jacks and recently it has started rebooting itself more and more to pull up/retract the jacks. It is currently taking about 6 times to get all six pulled in. By rebooting I mean it is pulling the jacks up and then all the sudden it says system is resetting and then I have to hit the power button again and then I can start to retract them more again.

It is interesting that it does not have any problems extending the jacks, lifting the trailer, and completes the Auto level function just fine. It is only when retracting the jacks.

No strange noise or anything obviously different then before. Does not seem to be a power issue as best I can tell as does it on shore power, generator, or from my large battery bank alone. Does it if I am in normal, manual, or auto retract modes. I have the additive in the fluid to help prevent the popping jacks which I suspect is unrelated.

Is this related to undersized fuse issue I recall being mentioned? Maybe the control board is going bad or similar?
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

What is the amp rating of the circuit breaker? I would contact LCI, their customer support is A1 in my book. I don’t think it’s the breaker, every one I’ve encountered shut off when the breaker trips, wait for it to reset and continue on after turning the system back on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:25 AM   #3
ChuckS

Replace that OEM 50 amp resettable 12 volt breaker located inside the hyd pump access door with an 80 amp breaker and you will not have this issue ANY MORE

The hydraulic slide out motion draws more current on that pump motor than the six point level up system does...

10 minute permanent fix once you get the 80 amp breaker in your hands... Or you can continue to fight this issue till the cows come home

** and NO.. the control board and all other parts in the hyd system are fine.. that pump motor is drawing more current then that ten cent breaker can handle

** And the level up control panel and fwd module are very picky about voltage -- if it drops must below 12 volts during operation ( say 11.7 ) it will most likely error out everytime

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #4
twvette

Update: think I found them in old pics I took of my battery area. Looks as though I have three of them daisy chained together?

Anyone know where they put this fuse on a Fuzion 420? It is not in the pump access door on mine. Mine is on the other side of the rig from the battery compartment. I traced the wires from the reversing solenoid by the pump all the way across my front storage via the propane access door area and across the top of the generator area. The wire loom drops down between the frame and the generator cover and I cant for the life of me conclude where they go from there. I cant see much of anything in my battery area as I have a modified compartment for several very big/tall batteries. I will keep looking but wonder if it could be somewhere else also before pulling my batteries (major pain for mine)...
Old 12-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #5
ChuckS

First image is dual polarity solenoid on the pump motor..locate the middle heavy cable as circled in first image

This cable supplies 12 volts to the solenoid and pump motor directly from the battery thru a wall mounted 12 volt 50 amp (OEM Factory) resettable breaker.

The breaker may be an auto reset.. which I believe yours is or it could have a small button to manually reset the breaker..

Trace that large cable as shown in first image over to the other side where your breakers and battery’s are located..

A helper may be necessary so that someone can wiggle one end of that cable so you can locate where it comes over to those breakers..

Second image shows a cable circled and this is the cable that comes off the resettable breaker and runs to that center terminal post on the dual polarity solenoid as shown in first image

At image shows a typical good quality 80 amp breaker to install in the 5-0 amp breaker that is getting overloaded.l

The hydraulic pump system can pull well over 60 amps during operation of leveling system or hydraulic slides

Note.
You might have more than two of these resettable breakers on your unit but only one supplies power to solenoid..

Images from my fifth wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CE5DD8C3-DC02-4E7C-BDE5-C6CD77AA695A.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	37466   Click image for larger version

Name:	B321EB2C-7AFE-4D01-A622-7113754B7F24.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	527.6 KB
ID:	37467   Click image for larger version

Name:	79A55C05-3D83-4B4E-B289-D5182B936CF8.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	37468  

Old 01-06-2022, 04:26 PM   #6
twvette

Thanks everyone. Found my rats nest of wires behind my oversized batteries. Went ahead and replaced all three of my auto resetting fuses (looked just like ChuckS pictures above) with manual ones (upgraded to 80A for my one fuse that was 50A which jacks were on). I can now easily get to them as also went to lithium batteries in a different location. It could be cleaner install but I did not want to re-do everything for a different location or wire lengths. Jacks work fine now with no other changes. Here is before and after.

Name:	IMG_5817.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	37763

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	37764
Old 01-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
ChuckS

Very nice work you completed. Much easier to see things and get to if need be.. glad the upgrade to the hyd pump motor breaker solved your issues

Tags
jacks