Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
turbo100

2004 Keystone Sprinter Water Tank Drain

I'm new to camping and I purchased an old 2004 Keystone Sprinter. I did a lot of research on winterizing but I have a question about. I was able to blow out the lines using a compressor, drained the hot water tank. The question I have is on draining the fresh water tank. Most videos show two drains under the hot water tank but then there is a third called a low point drain. I can only find two valves under the camper which have ben drained. How would I confirm if the fresh water tank is empty?
turbo100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The two drains next to each other are the low point drains. One is for the hot side and the other is for the cold side. The fresh tank drain will be a single drain and located underneath the fresh tank.

When you winterize, you can open the low point drains and then open all the faucets and the water will gravity drain.

You don’t have to completely drain the tanks, but think of them as big ice cube trays, the emptier they are, the more room for the water to expand when/if it freezes.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, keystone, sprinter, tank, water