Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2021, 06:42 AM   #1
alesure

First winterization: 2200bh water pump access?

Good morning...I'm in the process of doing my first winterization on my 2200bh. Everything is pretty straight forward except how to access my water pump. I can tell where it is by following the sound but it seems the only way to get the access panel off is by removing the couch? Ours has a queen murphy bed that folds up and has a small couch underneath. The couch partially goes over the box where the pump is and it seems that you have to remove the couch in order to fully remove the water pump access panel. I'm hoping there's a quicker way to do this that I'm missing. Any insight, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
alesure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You'll probably find water pump access behind a panel in the front passthrough. The access panel will be held in place by 4 screws. You'll likely need to crawl inside the passthrough to get to the panel. Easy to do ??? Yes, but hell to get to.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:44 AM   #3
alesure

I checked my pass-through storage and there is no access panel to the water pump. At this point I think the only thing to do is remove the couch to access the panel inside. I'm going to then cut the panel down so I won't have to remove the couch moving forward.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:58 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Before you remove the couch, take a look inside the roadside wardrobe. There may be a "false bottom in that closet that accesses the area directly behind the passthrough and gives access to the water heater....

I know Keystone does some "strange crap" but I've never encountered a trailer with a water pump that was "in a hermetically sealed area of the trailer" or in a location where major furniture had to be disassembled to get to it.

There's an easy access somewhere via a false floor, a temporary panel held in place by a couple of screws or a "carpeted shelf" next to the couch/bed that lifts up to reveal the water pump....

There's no need to go "cutting holes and building access"... Somewhere is an "already provided access" that you just haven't yet found.... Don't tear things apart. There's an easy answer that you just haven't yet seen.....

Looking at photos for 2200BH trailers for sale, some of them show photos that reveal a small "carpeted box" beside the couch on the roadside. That box may contain your water pump. There may be a screw (well hidden in the carpet) that secures the lid on that box. Usually, if there is a screw, removing it will allow the lid to "hinge on the carpet" and lift up with the far forward edge of the lid to the front of the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #5
alesure

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out. I know for a fact that the pump is inside the carpeted box as I can certainly hear it running. The box just goes under the couch as well. The couch is notched to go up and over the carpeted box. I'll update this with what I find.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #6
alesure

Here's what I found about the 2021 2200bh water pump: the cover is partially covered by small couch. There is an angle bracket attaching the notched section of the couch to the box covering the water pump. Unscrew just that angle bracket and the 2 screws on the carpeted box itself. Gently pull up on the couch corner you unscrewed and push the carpeted box towards the couch. The box will slide under the couch slightly and your water pump is easily exposed.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:58 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesure View Post
Here's what I found about the 2021 2200bh water pump: the cover is partially covered by small couch. There is an angle bracket attaching the notched section of the couch to the box covering the water pump. Unscrew just that angle bracket and the 2 screws on the carpeted box itself. Gently pull up on the couch corner you unscrewed and push the carpeted box towards the couch. The box will slide under the couch slightly and your water pump is easily exposed.
I'll go along with your assessment, except for that pesky word in red.... That process sure doesn't sound like "easily" to me....

Glad you got it resolved.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
water, water pump, winter