Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
PSDave

Location: Buena Park, CA. Lat: 33.851° Lon: -118.025° El:047'
Unhappy Low Point Drain valve for hot and cold water.

Just pulled in with my new Cougar 26SAB in tow. Have been busy doing this and that, made sure the pink stuff was totally removed ... and tried the tank empty handles. While I was "down there" I saw the gas piping etc., but coldn't find the low point drains. I figured them to be near the rear of the vehicle, on the road side. Any hints?

2010 Cougar 26SAB X-Lite 5er, 2x Honda 2000i, 2x Kiocera 85W solar, 40A Xantrex reg.
-----
'06-6.0 F-250 PSD AOD, CC, 4x4 SB
AirRaid intake
BANKS Six-Gun iQ (pre-turbo Pyro)
BANKS Monster Diesel Dual Exhaust
BANKS SPEED BRAKE
SNOW Performance Stage 3 MPG-MAX Meth/Water injection (with another pre-turbo Pyro!)
Ride-Rite Air Bags (wireless)
Gear Vendors OVER/UNDER DRIVE
OilGuard bypass oil filtration system
Pullrite 18K Super Glide (auto) Hitch
Retrax bed cover
Otherwise Mostly Stock
PSDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

PSDave:
While I don't have the same 5th as you (ours is an '08 Cougar 27RKS), the low point drains on this unit are located about mid-point near the front tire on the driver's side. There are 2 plastic pipes that protrude about 2 inches below the black Coroplast underbelly. Each has a twist cap, which when fully turned, opens the drain.
I am sure that each RV is configured differently and the locations will vary from model to model. Yours is probably located in the least accessible place. If you find them, you pass the test.
(PS) Have you found out where the manual crank for your slide(s) is located?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
Jim W

On my 318SAB Cougar there are three low point drains. Two are under the kitchen area near the steps on the curb side. The fresh water drain is under the fresh water tank in back. I could not find the fresh water tank drain until I got on a creeper and looked under the camper. My low point drain for the fresh water tank is by the rear axle spring perch and the stabilizer perch on the left hand side. Can not see from the outside of the camper at all.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
PSDave

Location: Buena Park, CA. Lat: 33.851° Lon: -118.025° El:047'
finding lowpoint drains

Thanks very much for the information (that the drains could be anywhere, and mostly inaccessible.)
In the old days when I was younger, I had trouble using a mechanics crawler because of my large muscular chest, and big head. Nowadays, it is more like my large muscular gut and my big ... well, you know!

2010 Cougar 26SAB X-Lite 5er, 2x Honda 2000i, 2x Kiocera 85W solar, 40A Xantrex reg.
-----
'06-6.0 F-250 PSD AOD, CC, 4x4 SB
AirRaid intake
BANKS Six-Gun iQ (pre-turbo Pyro)
BANKS Monster Diesel Dual Exhaust
BANKS SPEED BRAKE
SNOW Performance Stage 3 MPG-MAX Meth/Water injection (with another pre-turbo Pyro!)
Ride-Rite Air Bags (wireless)
Gear Vendors OVER/UNDER DRIVE
OilGuard bypass oil filtration system
Pullrite 18K Super Glide (auto) Hitch
Retrax bed cover
Otherwise Mostly Stock
PSDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

For such a big man, you catch on quickly. Now wouldn't you be disappointed if we told you exactly where to look and you didn't need a crawler to access them? What fun would that be? We are here to help. Next question?