Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2019, 04:31 AM   #1
DougCaron

Laredo 303TG Couch Air Mattress

Recently purchased a 2013 Laredo 303TG Love it so far

Seems to be missing the Air Mattress on both couches.
Am I to assume all shipped with the and the previous owner took them or was there a couch model that did not have air mattress?
Size in rear bunk room equates to a Full but Living room is a narrower couch.
Thoughts, Suggestions looking on line at a few keystone parts dealers did not find a replacement.

Thanks

Doug

2013 Laredo 303TG

Alton, NH
DougCaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

If they were used they may failed and they have tossed them. They are low quality, I suspect they will cost more then the much better ones available at any sporting goods store. A friend tried mine 1 night and choose to sleep on the floor. It was flat way before morning. At home I than filled it with air and tried to fix the leaks. I gave up.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCaron View Post
Recently purchased a 2013 Laredo 303TG Love it so far

Seems to be missing the Air Mattress on both couches.
Am I to assume all shipped with the and the previous owner took them or was there a couch model that did not have air mattress?
Size in rear bunk room equates to a Full but Living room is a narrower couch.
Thoughts, Suggestions looking on line at a few keystone parts dealers did not find a replacement.

Thanks

Doug

2013 Laredo 303TG

Alton, NH
Probably typical air mattresses, used a couple times then never hold air again.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There were some odd shaped air mattresses used for a few years. Some were 10" thick at the head and 24-30" thick at the foot of the mattress. They, like most "cheap" air mattresses began to leak after a night or two. Keystone installed "120 VAC automatic pumps" to compensate for the leaks, the pumps would run as needed to keep the mattress filled. Problem is that when dry camping, there is no 120 VAC, so that plan "died on the vine" and Keystone has pretty much stopped installing anything but commercially available air mattresses.

If what you need is one of the "odd shaped ones" then expect to spend a lot of money on a mattress that probably will need replacement at least annually. I would suggest looking for alternatives or a new sofa/sleeper that doesn't need the air mattress. If it's a commercially available size (don't think that WalMart or Target will have all available sizes) from a major air mattress source, I'd buy a better quality and not look back.

The reason Keystone and other manufacturers used the air mattress concept was to save storage space when the bed was not being used. Converting back to a foam slab (folding or not) will present a major storage issue when the bed is not in use, so for most RV'ers, converting to foam is not an option.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
303tg, laredo, laredo 303tg, mattress