Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
Spletbr

Bike rack on TT?

I have a 2019 22’ Cougar with a hitch receiver on the back. The TT is at a storage facility so I can’t quickly look more closely at it but wondering...does anyone know if the receiver is welded to the frame and not just the bumper? Planning a trip to upstate NY and Canada and want to bring two bikes. I have a Thule rack for my truck but of course will be using that hitch for the trailer! I’d hate to damage something, lose the bikes, etc if not strong enough.
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
Retired Copper

With the spare still on the bumper I am pretty sure ; from the pics I have seen , it is to the frame. While shopping for my current trailer I wanted that option and looking at several manufacture`s products most are rated at 300lbs tongue weight from the factory. Two bikes and a lightweight bike rack should work good for you. Make sure your rack is approved for rv use.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
rhagfo

There are also many systems that will carry your bikes over the front “A” frame.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
steve james

I too have a 2019 22rb Cougar TT, and yes it has a frame mounted 2" receiver on it with a 300 LB capacity for bikes or hitch cargo carrier. I agree with Retired Copper, make sure what ever you use it for, bike rack or ? that it's made for the intended use.
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, bike rack, rack