Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
radams

2018 Laredo 330RL

First off, I’ll start by saying I am new to RV’ing.
Now that that’s out of the way.... DO NOT BUY A 2018 Laredo 330RL!!!

This is the first travel trailer I’ve owned. I bought this bucket the last week of November 2017. After living in this for 4 1/2 months, try laundry list of problems is astounding. This trailer wasn’t even finished properly before this went to the lot. What can I say, the salesman at RV Discount Mart was knowledgeable enough to steer clear of problems and kept me preoccupied as to where I wouldn’t notice. So I’ll let fly at this point with the problems. I have enclosed the pics taken recently that show the issues as best I could.

1. The flooring is bubbling up. (Pics)
2. Brackets were not installed for cabinets or curtains. (Pics)
3. The ceiling slats are falling off as the staples went right through slats. Too much pressure was used by the technician with the staple gun. (Pics)
4. A shelf in the pantry is falling apart as it was not properly installed to begin with. (Pics)
5. The water heater will not stay on for more than a minute or two on electric (the breaker pops even though I have all other electrical appliances off) and doesn’t even turn on while on propane. (Not sure how I’d get a pic)
5. The handle on my sliding glass doors to my closet broke.
6. There is always standing water in my shower as it’s not properly level (got a pic but hard to see)
7. Steel cable that works one of the recliners completely snapped off (pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46010154-72BB-428A-B954-51A11AF0A510.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	16090   Click image for larger version

Name:	5D8777AA-AA66-4427-9F0A-B8C459C6D562.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	16091   Click image for larger version

Name:	8A172AC3-2BF0-478E-B90F-7EC99439B3CD.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	16092   Click image for larger version

Name:	9E103D60-0C3B-4DAA-BD21-B8264B0E4895.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	16093   Click image for larger version

Name:	722C8FE7-EB05-4DA6-8B59-6F5A19F0222A.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	16094  

Click image for larger version

Name:	87C03A6B-0996-4B1D-AD3A-6712540E5988.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	16095   Click image for larger version

Name:	FD8DCE8B-FBD0-49CB-8E9B-09484962CEE2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	16096  
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
Tbos

Sorry to hear about your issues. You are under warranty and need to take it in for warranty work. I hope the service department is better than those that didn’t prep it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The majority of those items "should have been repaired" by the PDI team before you ever stepped inside the trailer. If the PDI was done by the same team of service techs that will be doing your warranty repairs, you might want to discuss the issues with the service manager when you drop it off to be repaired.

This forum does not have any affiliation with the Keystone RV manufacturing company and there has never been any response from the factory posted on this forum. There is a notice in red at the bottom of every Keystone RV Forum webpage that states: This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.

Don't expect any response from Keystone as a result of your posts here. You'll need to follow up with your dealership or contact Keystone via their official website/phone/email.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I have to agree most of this stuff should have been found on the dealer's pre inspection. But, some dealers are lousy and leave that for you to find. In this case you've found some items. Have you taken it in to have them repaired?

RVs are notorious for having little defects from the factory. How those get fixed, and the completeness of those repairs, lie directly at the foot of the dealer.

If you've had it 4 1/2 months and encountered these issues I hope you have notified your dealer and have a plan in place to get them rectified. To me, getting upset about the items you listed and telling everyone to steer clear of a particular model is a bit premature if you haven't even tried to get them fixed. I would be blaming the dealer first and foremost.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:04 AM   #5
jodipitbull

I really appreciate your post. I am getting my new Laredo on May 11. I will watch for items like this during my PDI thanks to your insights. I am setting my expectations very low. I figure, what kind of stick and brick house could i buy for $30k? There are so many components it’s a miracle they can even sell them for what they do. If i was buying a $100k or more trailer it would be different. I am not going to sweat the issues. For me, it’s about the memories we make and the good times.
jodipitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:02 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Nothing replaces a good PDI. This has to be done. It is really the most valuable thing you will do in owning an Rv. We have a sticky on the forum that goes over what to check when doing one. And plan on at least a couple of hours to do one right.

Next, get it back to the dealer to get the items fixed. Some of these you mention may be considered wear and tear from use, but it will depend on how the service writer writes up the claim. All of these things can be fixed and going to the dealer to start the process is the first step.

Doing research, especially on this forum, about your model before you buy is important. That ship for you has sailed, but just reading the posts on here will help you learn what to look for when buying and how to fix items when they break. There are a lot of great guys and gals who are very knowledgable that help others all the time.

If you are serious about getting some help from us, respond back with how we can help. That's what we're here for. It just seems like there is more to your story that will help in helping you. Help us help you.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

I am a tech and do PDI’s. With that said, this is another case of lousy DEALER prep. I can assure you even a 400,000.00 RV can come from the factory with issues. RV’s are built by humans not Robots so each one can have unique issues. Some dealers do a better job than others, and some don’t bother. Do as suggested and take the PDI check list with you. I would suggest you inform the dealer your going to spent as much time as it takes to check everything on the list, as the employee assigned to your walk through may have other things they need to get done.
OP: you need to make arrangements with the DEALER to get the issues resolved. Yes there is some installation/workmanship issues, but ANY RV can and will have them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #8
Mikendebbie

2017 Laredo 330RL report

We bought 2017 Laredo 330 RL Nov 2016 and traded it on an a Montana January 2018. We liked the unit but DW really wanted a tub for the long term. Item 1 below really bothered us. We sort of lost confidence in the unit for a variety of reasons and I was afraid stuff would keep on breaking. All of this stuff was on the dealers list to fix (except item 9). I took it in for warranty work first week of November 2017 with strict instructions that I need the unit back by December 26. They fixed some of the items (another long story!) and told me to bring it back to fix the other items.

I took it to dealer to take care of a list of warranty items...
1. The potti started mysteriously rocking ~Sept 2017. It turned out to be black tank that was misaligned to the potti seal allowing "splash" to soak the subfloor and therefore it rotted out over the years time. I called Dec 26 to ask when I could pick it up and they had only looked at it that morning and discovered the rotten floor. I had a very unpleasant phone call and a visit to the manager that afternoon. They pulled off a 2 day miracle and replaced bathroom floor under warranty so that we could take the unit on our pre-planned trip.
2. AC register was broke and was hanging down in the living room...replaced under warranty.
3. Front AC was not cooling as expected. I believe they replaced a sensor under warranty but I traded it away before hot weather.
4. Satellite connection in docking station would not work (there are many many posts about this on the forum and on Montana forum). They replaced a splitter but I traded it in before trying it out.
5. Ripped/torn rubber wiper blade under living room slide out to be replaced...but I traded it in before they fixed it.
6. Rubber pads at cable slides were ripped up and they were going to replace but I traded it away before they fixed it.
7. The AM radio would not work - nothing but static - they put in a new radio under warranty. Traded it away before ever trying to listen to AM radio again.
8. The stove burner lighters were always shorting out. They would not light the stove. We traded the unit off before this was fixed.
9. The fireplace quit working days before we traded it in on the new unit...it was already past the 1 yr warranty date.

If it had had a tub - we might have considered keeping it - but DW missed the tub for the month's long work related trips I take. Happy DW Happy Life!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo