Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2024, 10:36 AM   #1
Bluecube

Alpine 3303CK "Alps Package" Option

Another question about my camper. It has the “Alps Package” which consists of everything below according to the Keystone Web site (https://www.keystonerv.com/build-my-...-wheels/3303CK) if you use the “build” feature to select the options for your camper. I’ve put my hand on all of these that are in the package except the DVD Player with Bluetooth and it is not part of the JBL Stereo system located in the entertainment center below the TV. I’ve asked my dealer about it during purchase and delivery. They didn’t even know what was in the Alps Package and asked me where I found the information so I showed them. This is not a strike against my dealer and I’m not trying to make them look bad. I actually offered to them that maybe it was a typo on the web site to which they replied “We’ll get you a DVD Player”. The service manager ordered the Jensen Head unit to replace the JBL head unit but the dimensions are vastly different so a swap won’t work. So he is looking for a standalone DVD player with Bluetooth. Frankly I could care less about the Bluetooth since Bluetooth only supports Audio and not video. In theory you could Bluetooth the DVD player to the JBL radio and play the sound from a movie over the camper’s speakers, but they are probably lower quality speakers than the sound from the TV. It would be nice to have a DVD play to watch an occasional movie, but I’m considering telling the Service Manager not to worry about getting me a DVD player. Does anyone know if the the Alps Package actually includes a DVD player with Bluetooth? I’ve contacted Keystone CS and they don’t know. Thanks, and sorry to be long winded.

Alps Package

• Residential kitchen package, includes Insgnia™ oven, 30" convection microwave; LG solid surface kitchen countertops; maple hardwood cabinet drawers & doors w/ hidden hinges
• 16.5K BTU Heat Pump
• SMART thermostat with dual-zone capability
• Residential window treatments
• Day/night roller shades
• Washer/dryer prep
• Summit Slides with oversized windows
• 50" LCD TV
• DVD player with Bluetooth™
• Custom wrapped & insulated tanks
• Oversized insulated baggage doors
• Custom Painted Front Cap w/ Clear Coat Finish
• Road Armor™ Suspension w/ 360° Vibration Control
• 12" I-beam drop frame
• Automotive-grade painted fiberglass cap with KeyShield™ chip and rock protection
• LED power awning
• Laminated double-insulated rear wall
• 100" wide-body construction
• On-demand water heater
• Exterior speakers
• Back-up and side camera prep
• Electric power cord reel
• 12 Volt Heat Pads on all Tanks, Heated Basement, Insulated Tanks
• Blade Pure™ air conditioning system, Residential MERV 9 filtered
• On-demand water heater

2024 Keystone Alpine 3303CK
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
USAF - Retired + DoD Federal Contractor - Retired (38yrs Service)
Bluecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:18 AM   #2
Bobhifi7

We have a 2024 FL3700 (or is it 3700FL ?!) with the Alps package, nope ... no DVD player. I'd say thats outdated info on the flyer. For our model, between 2023 to 24, they moved the location and went with the JBL unit. Thats very nice that the dealer offered to get you one ! Sign of a good dealer. I'm sure you've considered it, but you might just go with a $30 external DVD player and just plug it into your TV ? We use a cheapy Google TV streamer and USB movie player. No cd's or DVD's to mess around with.
Bobhifi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:43 AM   #3
dutchmensport

We stopped using DVD's a few years ago. Actually, getting a new lap top computer to play DVD's from is next to impossible to find now too. We have a small portable DVD player that plugs in the use HMDI cord and then it just plays directly into the television. And the television is wired through the camper sound system.

Actually, our camper entertainment center does not have a DVD player either. For us, this was the easiest solution. But we have also since, converted our usage to live streaming, as so many of the old movies we have on DVD are now free on many of the Free Streaming stations over the internet. But, we still drag around that DVD player and 2 photo album size DVD holders full of our old favorites.

In that package listed above .... before you settle on that .... you REALLY, REALLY need to consider that tankless water heater, on demand water heater.... before you blindly accept it. Do lots of reading on this, and other RV / Camping forums about what others say and experience with their on-demand water heater systems. I'm not going to spoil the milk for you with a bunch of negatives, (or positives), I'm just advising .... do your research first to decide if you really want this system. .... IN your RV.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:52 AM   #4
dutchmensport

One more thing: um ... reading that Alps Package list again ...

Many, many of those items on that list came as basic standard on my Montana High Country 5 years ago.

Before paying the extra price for something you (might) already be getting anyway .... check exactly what the difference is in price with that package and without that package.

Then .... have your salesman list out each item on that list .... what the alternative is if you DO NOT get the package.

I think you'll find your paying for something that in a "name" only to make you think you are getting something "special" when in actuality, all you are doing is parting with your money. But it makes you feel good because you paid for a little extra status.

What is the "standard" AC / heat pump (without the package), and .... well ... you get the idea! I just hate to see people throw money away at something that is really nothing!
Old 03-11-2024, 11:46 AM   #5
Bluecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
One more thing: um ... reading that Alps Package list again ...

Many, many of those items on that list came as basic standard on my Montana High Country 5 years ago.

Before paying the extra price for something you (might) already be getting anyway .... check exactly what the difference is in price with that package and without that package.

Then .... have your salesman list out each item on that list .... what the alternative is if you DO NOT get the package.

I think you'll find your paying for something that in a "name" only to make you think you are getting something "special" when in actuality, all you are doing is parting with your money. But it makes you feel good because you paid for a little extra status.

What is the "standard" AC / heat pump (without the package), and .... well ... you get the idea! I just hate to see people throw money away at something that is really nothing!
Good advice. The "Window Sticker" for the camper and a list of standard equipment and a list of options. The Alps Package was an option and nothing was broken out stating what was included. So I went looking for it. I only then found the DVD with Bluetooth in the Keystone website under the "build your camper button". Your point is well taken and one I'll file for future reference. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

Keep in mind that most of the packages are "mandatory" packages. So although in the build page it may allow you to check boxes, it is really included "at no extra charge". In your case, when I go to the website to build an Alpine 3303CK, it lists the Alps Package as "included". You can't uncheck the box, meaning it is a mandatory "option". But why even call it an option if it is a standard feature?

Anyway, Keystone's "out" for not including an item in the final build is the footnote: "Features, floor plans, and specifications are subject to change without notice." I suspect that is what happened to your DVD player.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 02:49 PM   #7
Bluecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhifi7 View Post
We have a 2024 FL3700 (or is it 3700FL ?!) with the Alps package, nope ... no DVD player. I'd say thats outdated info on the flyer. For our model, between 2023 to 24, they moved the location and went with the JBL unit. Thats very nice that the dealer offered to get you one ! Sign of a good dealer. I'm sure you've considered it, but you might just go with a $30 external DVD player and just plug it into your TV ? We use a cheapy Google TV streamer and USB movie player. No cd's or DVD's to mess around with.
Agree. My Dealer is simply the best. As a matter of fact I was talking to the Service Manager today about the DVD Player again to tell him some new information. I have talked to Keystone again and found a person that is knowledgeable of the sales information including the web. They confirmed what I expected. The literature and web site is in error and a DVD player should not be listed in the package. I told this person the should correct their information and to date, it is still wrong on the web site. I told the Service Manager not to worry about the DVD Player. He insisted on getting me one. So he is getting a stand alone unit. Again, my dealership is awesome.

Tags
alpine