Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
LABSRUS

Seasonal camping questions

Hi,

We are new to seasonal camping and will have a site starting the 2014 camping season. What will we need in the beginning?

We have some camping supplies due to having a pop up camper, like pots and pans, dishes, etc., but what are the important items for inside a seasonal camper and on the site?

Thanks!

Julie & Scott and our 2 Chocolate labs - Hailey & Harley
2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost crew cab short box with cap
2014 Springdale 311REGL - Seasonal campers
2008 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide
LABSRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We have a "sticky" checklist for new RV owners which you can access by going to the Prospective Owners section of the forum. The sticky is at the very top of the thread list.

I think you will find this list helpful.

The list is fairly comprehensive but will give you a pretty good idea of the items that are basic, essential supplies as well as other "optional" items that some folks like to take along.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Garyd

Welcome from another cheesehead newbie. Where is your site?
Garyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
ctpd814

We have done a seasonal site for the last 2 years. We have found that it is almost like setting up another home. For the inside pots and pans, silverware including knife block, plates, bowls, glasses, and coffee cups, coffee maker, toaster, cooking utensils, bath towels, wash cloths, blankets, sheets, pillows, and a vacuum cleaner. You will also want to make sure you have a dvd player and movies on hand for the bad weather days. We also leave personal hygiene items such as tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, shampoo, and soap. For the outside it depends if you are responsible for lawn care. If you are, you will need a lawn mower, rake, garden hose, extension cords, and broom. You will probably also want to bring supplies to wash the outside of your camper. This is a list that will get you started. You will find other things as you go along so one of the most important things to bring is paper and something to write with.
I hope you enjoy your new venture.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

I don't know if you move the trailer each season or not. I had purchased a 28ft TT for a beach lot next to ours. A mother inlaw place that was not going to be moved. I got 2x6s pressure treated, cement blocks. Put the tires on the wood, used blocks against the frame for support in addtion to the jacks attached to the trailer. Parked in as close to septic and water as I could. I cut the sewer hose to fit there without having it coiled up lying on ground. I got a Heavy Duty water hose to use instead of the white one. At the electrial box I had a RV style plug/box on a post. I put a lock on it after it was unplugged when we were not there. I also shirted it and buildt a deck 8x20 deck next to it. I purchased a 55 gal propane tank and removed the 7.5s. That was refilled by the dealer,that way we were never out of propane. Here those tanks can be rented. I removed the trailer in 08 and sold the propane tank back to the dealer. In the end I really only paid for the propane.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
LABSRUS

Thank you... going to look now!

Old 11-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
LABSRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyd View Post
Welcome from another cheesehead newbie. Where is your site?
In beautiful Door County