Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Puck_Nutz

Outside Kitchen Leaking

Has anyone with an outside kitchen (we have the 303tg) experienced leaking? Our trailer is at a campground in CT, we have had some very bad thunderstorms lately and after every rain, there is water under the counter and sink in the outside kitchen. I cannot tell where it is coming from, but the rubber gasket is saturated. DW has been stuffing a beach towel in there and that helps soak it up as it comes in. Service cannot look at it until end of month. Anybody have any suggestions until we can bring it in?

If I'm not swimming in it, or drinking it, I hate water. Seems everytime I have an issue with a camper, water is involved.
Former Trailer - 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Puck_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
robo

My 2013 passport 3220 had the crimp end of the hoses where
leaking below 50 degrees had to have them warrantied
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
GaryWT

Do you close it or leave it open? My previous trailer I use to leave open all the time and had no problem. The current trailer, Premier, I tend to have some issues so I tend to close it up more in rain. There is no gutter just aboce it so the hinge will leak in the rain plus the stove sticks out in the rain more than the last one. If the door is closed then there is water around the door when I open it but to date has not gotten in. My issue is the freezer of the outside fridge defrosting while traveling so I have water inside and out of the fridge.

If the door is closed sounds like the seal is either coming loose, flateneed or has a hole.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #4
therink

My outside kitchen door also leaked when I first got it. I removed the factory gasket material and replaced with 3/4" wide by 1/8" thick rubber gasket. No more leaks. I had my dealer provide the material under warranty and I replaced it myself. There is a 3/4" gap along the lower edge of my door. The factory gasket did not provide enough overlap coverageto keep water out. I also modified the two latches to provide a tighter seal when door is in closed position.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
zenbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
. I also modified the two latches to provide a tighter seal when door is in closed position.
Steve
I had to do the same as I had just a few drops leak in.. One latch was too short to rotate behind the frame so I fabbed a new one..The other latch needed to be bent in a bit to seal tighter.. No more issues since doing this..

2014 Premier 31 BHPR
2011 Silverado 1500
zenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
Puck_Nutz

I usually close it up at night and when we're away, which is when we've had the most problems. Seems like some adjusting will help, at least until I can get it into service.
Former Trailer - 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Puck_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote