Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Laurs24

Bathroom Faucet

Good morning. My bathroom faucet constantly runs water even when completely turned off. There are no cutoff valves under the sink. Do I need to replace the faucet? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Laurs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Javi

Most likely the easiest fix is to completely replace the faucet and install both hot and cold cutoff valves inline while doing so.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Laurs24

Thank you Javier

There are no cutoff valves under the sink. Do you know where there are located or do I need to install them under the sink? Thanks again.
Laurs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
LZScout

Lake Javi suggested, install the shutoffs under the sink if you think you need a shutoff. I see a need for them in a residential home, but not in an RV. It's just too easy to turn off the water at the pump or outside connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurs24 View Post
There are no cutoff valves under the sink. Do you know where there are located or do I need to install them under the sink? Thanks again.
put them under the sink. I've been installing cut-offs inline to all my faucets so that I can isolate any one should a problem arise and not lose the rest of the water system ruining a trip.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

I replaced my lavatory faucet with a residential hi-rise style. When I did this I cut the PEX tubing under the vanity and installed "SharkBite straight stops" and "Flexible faucet supplies" to connect them. I used the same setup on the toilet. (RV toilets use ½" FPT connection same as faucets. Toilet supplies will not fit) Supply can be connected while toilet is away from the wall and then the toilet can be set in place. In some trailers this can make repairs much less vocal. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote