Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
navajochief

Need help on Battery type

I was recently given two AlphaCell 195 GXL batteries. I don't really understand battery jargon and so the info that is on their web site doesn't identify this battery as a deep cycle or some kind of hybrid like a yellow optima. Has anyone tried or used these batteries on their rigs and have gotten good RC out of them?
Would appreciate any advise or comments on these batteries.

Thank you.
Donahoe Racing 4.5" Lift, Dick Cepek Fun Country 35x12.50 18" tires, Helo 791 Chrome Wheels, Blue Spring upgrade, Dieselsite coolant filter with ELC, K&N air intake, Edge CTS, 4.30 OEM gears with Ford alluminum finned differential cover, Line X Bedliner, Dual alternators, Air lift 5K Bags, Spicer u-joints/ball joints, Powerstop rotors/pads, Pullrite Superglide 18K ISR hitch.
2016 Keystone Fuzion 325 with Monster Package
navajochief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
bobbecky

Their website indicates these batteries are used for standby power supply. They aren't a true deep cycle battery as used in an RV, although they may work fine. http://www.alpha.ca/solutions/soluti...cell-batteries
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #3
navajochief

That's what I figure but the data on their web site as you mentioned doesn't list it as a deep cycle. I was hoping someone would chime in to tell me for sure based on the specs that are given with this battery.
Donahoe Racing 4.5" Lift, Dick Cepek Fun Country 35x12.50 18" tires, Helo 791 Chrome Wheels, Blue Spring upgrade, Dieselsite coolant filter with ELC, K&N air intake, Edge CTS, 4.30 OEM gears with Ford alluminum finned differential cover, Line X Bedliner, Dual alternators, Air lift 5K Bags, Spicer u-joints/ball joints, Powerstop rotors/pads, Pullrite Superglide 18K ISR hitch.
2016 Keystone Fuzion 325 with Monster Package
navajochief is offline   Reply With Quote