Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #1
matt.gurksnis

Furnace Issue

Hi,
I am new to the forum and new to RVing(travel trailer).

I have a 2003 Keystone Cougar (bobcat model, I am told). The last 8 digits of vin....32034805.

My travel trailer has a thermostat switch to turn on AC and furnace and put fan on auto or not, with a up and down thermostat regulator to increase/decrease temperature of unit.

My issue is lighting the furnace. My furnace runs on the propane. Sorry much of this may be obvious im just am new.

I turn the thermostat switch to furnace and turn fan to on/auto and move the temperature gauge to well above outside temperature. I do hear fan come on but dont feel heat. I assume it is not igniting. I looked all over and do not see any pilot light ignition. I am told this trailer has a DSI (direct spark ignition).

1) Is there a button for the DSI, if so where? I have looked all over the trailer and it isn't obvious? Unless I have to put the slide out to see it.
2) Is my trailer truly use a DSI? If not where and how does the furnace ignite?
3) I looked at the breaker/fuse box and the fuse is good and the breaker is on.
4) what am i missing on the ignition?

I appreciate your input.

Matt
matt.gurksnis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace