Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
rube191

Slow Shower drain

Hello I have a 2017 Montana 3730 that has a read bedroom. Pretty sure that I need to replace the Hepvo valve. My question is I cannot find an easy access point as my corrugated bottom floor is ram set to the frame. Do i have to drill out all the ram set nails or can I cut out a section of the floor and reseal it and if so how and what do I use? Thank you in advance for any and all wisdom you can offer. Be Safe Tony
rube191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

I was under ours this past weekend installing our Strong Arm stabilizers. Along the length of one side of the trailer the Coroplast was secured with self-tapping hex head screws and the other side was secured with the ram-set nails. I am not sure if it was intended that way or if it was built on a Monday. Either way, the ram-set nails have a 1/4” hex head so I gave it a spin with my cordless drill and then popped them out with a mini flat bar. I simply used self-tapping screws and washers in the same holes when I put it back together. To me, this was preferred over cutting and patching the Coroplast bottom since I doubt any patch material would hold for an extended period of time.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
bobbecky

On our Montana, the Hepvo valve is directly below the drain fitting in the shower/tub, and I occasionally use a small bottle brush to carefully clean the membrane of the valve. This might be an easy solution to fix your problem.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:50 AM   #4
rube191

Slow drain

I used your advise on the bottle brush with a flexible piece of thin 1 inch wide plastic. It now works like new. Thanks and be safe
rube191 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain