Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
Mike Wink

1st Time RV’r

My wife and I have put a deposit on a 4141 and we are wondering what are some things we will need that do not come with the rig. We plan to have it parked at an Rv Park.

What are somethings I should inspect closely before accepting delivery?

Thanks so much!
Mike Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!
Congrats on your new purchase, now comes the fun part. RVs come with pretty much NOTHING needed to use it. You will need hoses, water regulator, sewer hose, and of course all the linen, dishes and utensils. Pots and pans to prepare meals.

Search this site for “PDI checklist”, print it out and take it with you when you go to the dealer for your walkthrough. Tell them ahead of time your bringing the list so they can set aside the time needed. Figure on 2-3 hrs for a proper orientation/walkthrough. Any issues should be noted and if possible dealt with BEFORE delivery. Warranty service may be an issue if you don’t have a way to get it back to the dealer unless you can find an authorized mobile tech.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
travelin texans

DO NOT let them rush you into signing paperwork til after the inspection & don't let them rush you through the inspection. Depending on the dealer once you've signed off it's yours, they have their $$ & may not be in too big a rush for your problems.
Print the list from here, take your time & have any issues you find taken care of before signing.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Laredo Tugger

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa...ra/K88205.html
The above is a starter kit from etrailer.com. (Get to know these folks,they have a great selection of gear) In reality you will probably have to double both the water hose and sewer hose lengths. An inline filter for the water as well as a pressure regulator (if the trailer did not come with one) are a good idea for the water hose.
For the electrical a EMS (electrical management system) aka "surge protector" is highly recommended.
As for your PDI (Pre delivery inspection), somewhere on this site or with a search you can find different lists specifying what to check prior to accepting the trailer.
My first trailer was at a dealer who had onsite RV parking. We hooked up everything and spent the night there. Turning on everything gas,electric and water (inside and out). Also gave me a chance to become familiar with correct set up of the trailer.
Just the beginning my friend.
Welcome to the fold and the forum.
Let go of your pride (mistakes will happen) and hang on to your wallet. RV adventures (and equipment) are not cheap.
Good luck
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:50 PM   #5
Mike Wink

Thank you guys! Very much appreciated. Looks like a great community here.
Mike Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:27 AM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa...ra/K88205.html
The above is a starter kit from etrailer.com. (Get to know these folks,they have a great selection of gear) In reality you will probably have to double both the water hose and sewer hose lengths. An inline filter for the water as well as a pressure regulator (if the trailer did not come with one) are a good idea for the water hose.
For the electrical a EMS (electrical management system) aka "surge protector" is highly recommended.
As for your PDI (Pre delivery inspection), somewhere on this site or with a search you can find different lists specifying what to check prior to accepting the trailer.
My first trailer was at a dealer who had onsite RV parking. We hooked up everything and spent the night there. Turning on everything gas,electric and water (inside and out). Also gave me a chance to become familiar with correct set up of the trailer.
Just the beginning my friend.
Welcome to the fold and the forum.
Let go of your pride (mistakes will happen) and hang on to your wallet. RV adventures (and equipment) are not cheap.
Good luck
RMc
Unless things have changed a lot & if your dealer is any count, they should give you a good starter kit similar to what's shown here + a discount in their parts department, if they have one, which would be a good time to grab the EMS & the water pressure regulator.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote