Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Txmasterplumber

Newbe Check In

Txmasterplumber here (Bruce). My DW and I bought a Laredo 23RB back in the first part of April, just in time for the Duck Commander 500 @ Texas Motor Speedway. It was nice that we didn't have to borrow our daughter & son in laws trailer. Everything went without a hitch, but, the door was rubbing at the top. I had noticed it when I went through the walk through, but thought it was because we weren't completely level. That and one small spot on the leather of the dinette.

Anyway, the weekend after the race, April 16th, we took the trailer back to the dealer in Ft. Worth. As I was putting out the slide out, he was going to give the outside the once over. He told he wanted to show me something when I was done showing him our concerns. After showing him the door and dinette, we walked outside, and when we hit the back, he asked me "did you notice this". The back of the trailer looked like the waves at the beach. The Filon was separating from the plywood, great!

He said he would have the tech look at it and find out what exactly was the problem. After putting a call into Keystone for warranty work, he got a notice back to go ahead with the repairs. He ordered a complete new back end, along with all new trim pieces all the way around.

Skip forward to today, I put a call in, wondering if they got the parts in, and when would it be ready, we planned on going out for Memorial Weekend. I received a txt back from him stating that they haven't got the parts in yet, and he would call for tracking #'s and let me know..... nothing yet.

My TV is a 2015 Ram Power Wagon, SBCC, Ramboxes, 6.4 L Hemi, 4.10

Maybe someday, if we ever get the trailer back, I'll post some pictures.
Txmasterplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:06 AM   #2
14george

to the fourm know what your going through truck in shop from hail damage don't have it back yet going out Memorial Day weekend
Old 05-21-2016, 05:57 AM   #3
Harleyhop

to the forum and congrats on the new rig!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
GaryWT

I hope it all works out. Glad he pointed the problem out to you but too bad they could not get parts faster. Unfortunately many parks come in trailers being delivered but that is a big part so who knows. Good luck moving forward and enjoy once you get it back.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #5
MotownJG

This is a great forum for Keystone RV's , whether they are travel trailers (TV's) or 5th wheels. Research the heck out of the collective wisdom on this bulletinboard and make your own decisions.

After all, there is no decision but your own, right?
Hoping to leave California in the next year.
MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:11 AM   #6
Txmasterplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
I hope it all works out. Glad he pointed the problem out to you but too bad they could not get parts faster. Unfortunately many parks come in trailers being delivered but that is a big part so who knows. Good luck moving forward and enjoy once you get it back.
Yeah, I'm very happy that he did point it out, they have that going for them, but I just wish the guy would call me back like he say's he will. I know we're not their only customer, but a txt, phone call, something....... just venting I guess, trying to be patient.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:17 AM   #7
Txmasterplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownJG View Post
This is a great forum for Keystone RV's , whether they are travel trailers (TV's) or 5th wheels. Research the heck out of the collective wisdom on this bulletinboard and make your own decisions.

After all, there is no decision but your own, right?
True, very true. We believe that we made the right decision, and really like our trailer.
We had a 5er that we bought new back in 2001, that we had lived in full time for 5 1/2 yrs. Really didn't have any troubles with it, only a couple, that the dealer fixed in a day. It will all come together.

OBTW, I see that y'all are from my hometown!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
GaryWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmasterplumber View Post
Yeah, I'm very happy that he did point it out, they have that going for them, but I just wish the guy would call me back like he say's he will. I know we're not their only customer, but a txt, phone call, something....... just venting I guess, trying to be patient.
Can be frustrating for sure. Our dealer is great but they forget things sometimes. We needed a part so they ordered it and when it was in we were to bring the trailer in. After a couple months I called and was told it would be in the following week. I took that as oops, forgot to order it. All worked out in the end.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #9
Txmasterplumber

Some of the parts came in (trim), but the rear panel has been shipped, and is supposed to be in on June 2nd. Hopefully, they'll have it ready for the next weeks IRL race @ TMS.......