Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
nevlarry

Hello from Nevada

My wife and I just returned from Oregon where we purchased a used 2014 Cougar 277RL. I'm sure we will have tons of questions and maybe, over time, some helpful suggestions. Our tow truck is a 2011 Ford, super duty 250, 6.7 diesel.

This RV is an intentional down size. Previously we owned a 2008 3400RL Montana. We are confident we will go more places, more often with the smaller unit. Love towing it already. The difficult adjustment is not size but quality. The Montana was such amazing quality compared to Cougar. At 1/2 the price and 5,000 lb less weight however I'm sure we will find the Cougar meets our camping needs well. Glad it's a Keystone.

Look forward to meeting everyone on the forum.
nevlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Congrats, and welcome from another member that downsized

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

We have a Cougar 5th and have been very happy with it since we purchased it new in '08. It has been virtually trouble-free, tows easily and for 2 people it has served us extremely well. I'm sure that you'll soon become accustomed to the Cougar and will have many enjoyable camping experiences in it.