Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Flabbytax

Just moved From Maine to Idaho

We are full timing in our recent purchase of a leftover (as-is) 13' Keystone Bullet Premier 32BHPR. Just relocated to Idaho and we are living full time in this rig. We previously lived in a 2004 Jayco Class C 28ft. The new rig we bought hasn't had too many issues. The worst issue we had so far was the rear bunks there must have been a leak and we found some mold. In addition to needing to rebuild the rear bunks because of inconsistent craftsmanship we took care of the mold. I'm 24 and will be moving into my own rig probably in a year or so and my parents will be either keeping the Premier or downgrading to a smaller rig. I am extremely interested in fifth wheel toy haulers. I am looking into the Raptor, Fuzion, Cyclone, and Voltage. I will be picking out a floor plan with the 1/2 bath or even one cyclone that has a shower in the 2nd bath. I like the garage space in the back and will likely NOT be using it for toys but more so extra living space. I also love the rear patio option with the "3 season" doors. I am thinking I will need a dually diesel but I want to wait on the truck purchase and just have it delivered because I won't be taking it anywhere for a while. Anyone full timing in a 14' or newer TH? I've been seeing issues on here ranging from the leaks to axels coming off. I know I don't want the remote controller for the slides etc and I'm sketchy about those rear bunks hearing about all of those issues. Any advice would be great! Thank you.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Murphsmom

You do realize that it can get quite cold in this part of Idaho during the winter, don't you? We don't get the snow that you would have in Maine, but temps in the teens and even below are fairly common. Do you have some way of skirting and insulating your rig? Are you parked in a mobile home/RV park? Even though we have one of the so-called Polar Packages on our rig, we still have to completely winterize our TT during the cold months.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
GaryWT

Good luck, hope it works out. Love our Premier, stay warm.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Flabbytax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphsmom View Post
You do realize that it can get quite cold in this part of Idaho during the winter, don't you? We don't get the snow that you would have in Maine, but temps in the teens and even below are fairly common. Do you have some way of skirting and insulating your rig? Are you parked in a mobile home/RV park? Even though we have one of the so-called Polar Packages on our rig, we still have to completely winterize our TT during the cold months.
We are waiting on an estimate for the skirting they came out today! Staying at the Ambassator Rv resort and our neighbors have been very helpful! thank you for the advice!
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
mom2budnbug

Wow, that is quite the move! from Washington

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
BulletOwner1

We stayed in the Boise-Meridian RV resort in Jan/Feb several years ago. It does get cold, snow was blowing sideways in front of the motor home ! Be very thorough in your winterizing. I would consider also getting a large (100lb) propane tank. Quite possibly the park will loan/rent the tank?

Here are a few things you may or may not have considered:

Foam inserts for vent/fan openings
Tank heaters
pre-assembled heated water hose
extra portable electric heater (word of caution here: don't use as only source of heat - you need the furnace to operate to keep heat flowing to the tank area)

Good luck in you adventure !