Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #81
countrytrikker

My panel is acting up again. Going to the dealer tomorrow with the 327res and get the process going on getting a replacement. Hope they don't drag this out as I live 75 miles away.
countrytrikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #82
Michael L

Touch Panel malfunction

I experienced the same problem today. I turned off the 50 amp breaker and it did not solve the problem. I then pulled the disconnect key for the battery with the breaker off. Everything working. 2013 330RBK Fifth wheel.
Michael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #83
unyalli

Mine did this yesterday, as I was putting in the main slide it kept going when I lifted my finger. I tried touching the slide out touch pad to see if I could over ride and no go it just kept ratcheting in. I powered off the panel and it stopped. Powered the panel back on and it started again so I powered it off and unplugged shore and disconnected the negative battery cable went back inside house to my wings and beer and redzone. Dealer in town has replaced two of these and no question is replacing mine.

I'll reconnect the battery tonight and see it it's reset.

Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #84
Duramax54

Ours was replaced by the dealer about six weeks ago. We've used it a few times and it still seems to work OK (fingers crossed) It was more than just swapping the panel though. When they first changed the panel it did not fix the problem but after a long mysterious phone conversation between the tech and their office and then some work on what they euphemistically call the brain in the front compartment the panel worked and has continued to do so. Not sure what they did but I won't argue with success.

We are going away for a couple of weeks starting this weekend and will see what happens.
Duramax54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #85
unyalli

The full power off reboot worked. Slides go in out and all else seems to work.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #86
Ontario Joe

I am considering purchasing a 333MKS that is on the dealer lot with that very same electronic control touchpad panel.
After hearing about all the problems here, I called Keystone today and asked about this panel.
The lady on the phone said that the newer 2014's will not have that control panel but a more traditional type. She said she was told that on a tour last week of the manufacturing facility. I noticed the website is not updated yet to reflect any changes. My dealer also said today that indeed a different panel will start showing up with a remote control still.
Hope this provides some hope to those with continuing problems and also some evidence that keystone is finally admitting it was a poor idea. Not sure about retrofitting what you have, but if you are still under warranty I would ask about this possible new replacement.
Ontario Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #87
unyalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Joe View Post
I am considering purchasing a 333MKS that is on the dealer lot with that very same electronic control touchpad panel.
After hearing about all the problems here, I called Keystone today and asked about this panel.
The lady on the phone said that the newer 2014's will not have that control panel but a more traditional type. She said she was told that on a tour last week of the manufacturing facility. I noticed the website is not updated yet to reflect any changes. My dealer also said today that indeed a different panel will start showing up with a remote control still.
Hope this provides some hope to those with continuing problems and also some evidence that keystone is finally admitting it was a poor idea. Not sure about retrofitting what you have, but if you are still under warranty I would ask about this possible new replacement.
Got the lady's name?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #88
Ontario Joe

Unfortunately I do not have a name. I had asked for a technical person to talk to about the location of the fresh water tank and it occurred to me to ask about the electrical issues. Sorry.
Ontario Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #89
catmama6

Unhappy 2014 1/2 Cougar 333MKS Electrial Panel Problem

we purchased a 2014 333MKS on Dec 2013. Had it professionally towed to our home 2 hrs away to live in while remodeling our home...Had electrical Panel problems right away! Dead panel, it wont even turn on..Called dealer & he went over some possible fixes..none worked. Talked to Keystone Owner services..she seemed to know what she was talking about(had a bit of an attitude) she said temp. fix was to disconnect battery & reconnect, then contact dealer & HAUL it back to be replaced. I told her we had to hire&pay a driver to bring it up in the first place & didn't have a hitch...No concern there, just suggested other dealers closer to haul to...there again, no Hitch! & other dealers aren't going to fix or make a priority if you didn't buy it there....day 3, we will be dealing with our dealer & putting more pressure on them for satisfaction...&&&& a rocker arm switch panel...NO flat panel for us...stay tuned!
catmama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #90
JRTJH
Site Team

Catmama6,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your electrical panel issues. I'm a bit confused about the issue. You say you bought the RV on Dec 13 and had it delivered to your home site while you build your new home. Then, later on, you say "day 3, we will be dealing with our dealer."

Has it been 3 days or 30 days? and does "rebooting the panel" by removing shore power and battery power solve the issue at least temporarily?

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck with your dealership. The Keystone warranty does not include "on site repair" except for units with a "removable tongue" which are the "Residence and Retreat" units intended to be semi-permanently set on blocks, often with the wheels removed. Keep that in mind when discussing the issue with your dealer as anything they do will be on their own, probably not reimbursed (as an onsite repair) by Keystone's warranty. Hopefully, they are aware of your transportation problems and will help you without you taking the RV to the service department.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #91
catmama6

Question

JRTJH
thanks for your reply..to clarify..purch 12/31/13, delivered approx. 1/10/14.
Problem became apparent 1/11/14 so I contacted dealer AND Keystone Owner Relations...In reading all re: this problem in the forums, I will have my husband unconnect & reconnect battery to see if this reboots panel for now as a temp. fix...still have the problem of getting unit to the dealer 2 hrs away...we will be talking to them today & right now we feel like we will hire it to go down there, switch out for rocker switch panel, & send them the transport bill & let them fight it out w/Keystone..not sure...also want to find out further who there knew of this problem & who didn't...otherwise, they have been great to deal with....
Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #92
JRTJH
Site Team

It's more than just disconnect/reconnect the battery, you must also remove shore power.... ALL power to the panel must be removed which means you must remove ALL power from the RV to reset it. I understand from others that it takes about 5 minutes of no power to reset ???? That's what I've read from people who have done the procedure. Read through the forum threads, you'll also find that some people have been able to reboot by removing a fuse in the 12VDC distribution panel... I think it's the #5 fuse, but you'll need to verify that by reading the forum threads about the control panel. Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #93
dgleason

Boy I feel lucky after reading this lengthy thread. My 327res cam me off the line last sept. Took delivery 10/4. It has the rocker switches and a remote. Has worked well so far. Since keystone has gone to the rocker switches says they know they have problem. I think they should give you all a rocker switch panel at no cost. Not sure if one panel type can swapped for the other, but it's worth asking. Good luck on getting this resolved. This has been going on too long.
dgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #94
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgleason View Post
Boy I feel lucky after reading this lengthy thread. My 327res cam me off the line last sept. Took delivery 10/4. It has the rocker switches and a remote. Has worked well so far. Since keystone has gone to the rocker switches says they know they have problem. I think they should give you all a rocker switch panel at no cost. Not sure if one panel type can swapped for the other, but it's worth asking. Good luck on getting this resolved. This has been going on too long.
Most (not all) of the '14 Cougars we're looking at have the rocker switches and the new interior floor/ wood.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #95
superdog404
Gone Traveling

I don't work for or have any knowledge on Trekwood RV Parts but just ran into there Cougar control panels. They don't pictures of all the one's they have but thought it was interesting there is a control panel that says it comes with upgraded software?
http://www.trekwood.com/replacements/5842/Monitor-Panel
Any one know anything about them? Maybe that is what we all need to fix our digital control panels? It's to late to call them.
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #96
micar

DW and I were at the Toronto RV show today and all the Keystone fivers that we looked at have rocker switches instead of the touch panels. Didn't notice any remotes, but they may have been removed to prevent theft. We talked to a keystone rep. who seemed to have no knowledge of the touch panel problems?? he said he was from the west coast so maybe the components they use there are different.
So we talked to a salesman from the dealership we bought our 333mks from and asked if he thought keystone would retrofit back to rocker style switches, he suggested we call the service dept at the dealership.
Maybe there is hope????
On the bright side of things we didn't see a floor plan we like better than ours so no temptation to get the chequebook out!!!!
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #97
catmama6

Red face 333MKS back from the dealer

our unit is back from the dealer...rocker switch panel installed & so far so good...much simpler to use...It was a fight to get what we wanted, but in the end the dealer realized they might as well put in the rocker panel...Still LOVE the floor plan & everything about the 333MKS, especially the larger shower...now hopefully can enjoy it with out too many more bugs to work out...&&& the newest Cougar to arrive @ the dealer(2014) has the rocker panel..Hmmmm.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #98
JRTJH
Site Team

That's great news. Now, to get back to enjoying your new RV..... Congratulations once again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #99
HOPABO

just to let you know that is a problem with the panel that will be warantied by dealer. ours was replaced free of charge.
HOPABO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #100
MightyKC

I know these are really old posts in an old thread, but I'm looking for advice. I bought a 2013 Cougar 330RBK about a year and a half ago and this panel is getting worse and worse.
I followed the link in this thread to the Trekwood product that ditched the remote and went to hardwired rocker switches. I called to order it and was informed that was discontinued as well. The woman I spoke to was very helpful and sincere and told me she was going to reach out and see about getting another batch of them made.

In the possibility of that not working out, has anyone MADE their own? Get a chunk of plastic or aluminum and a gunnysack of switches and just start cutting wires? I feel like such a project is right at the upper limits of my electrical skills. But then when I unscrewed the cursed touchscreen to do some scouting I found one big sealed box full of circuit boards. Are those all just for the remote control to work or are there other safety measures I will have to account for if I need to take this project into my own hands?
MightyKC is offline   Reply With Quote