Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
johlar

Manuals 2012 Keystone Cougar 26SAB

Hi

Does anyone know where I can locate a specific owners manual for the 26SAB. We just picked up a new 5th wheel and the owners manual is generic. It does not even mention the 3 holding tanks.

I've read all the manuals that came with the camper but want more specific info related to my new toy.

I just traded in an Itasca Navion and their manuals were excellent.

Thanks for any help.
johlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Halibutman214

Welcome to the world of Warnings. My user manual contained 30 pages of warnings and 3 with info that was a little useful. I'm just waiting for warnings painted on the tires that say if it runs over you it could cause injury or death.
Most of the time if you go to the manufacturers website of any given item you can get a little more useful info.
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

There are no manuals for specific models only the generic Keystone book. Manuals are available on-line for all systems that Keystone uses but you have to go to each separate manufacturer. Most of those were supplied with your trailer. This is why it is so important to ask your dealer as many questions about your trailer as possible BEFORE signing on the dotted line. After you sign he has no incentive to answer. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
johlar

Manuals

Thanks, that's really too bad. Good manuals save everyone wasted time and energy. Of course, the dealer does not make money if I figure it out or fix it myself.
johlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Ayotte

I also have a cougar xlite 26sab. If there is something specific you are concerned about maybe I can help you.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Firecapt

This topic is really a pet peeve of mine. If I need an owners/repair manual for just about anything I buy I will either get one with the product or can download a replacement online.

The RV industry is severely lax in this regard. Owners manuals for a specific model are rarely if ever available, and forget about getting detailed repair manuals. You can't get schematics for electrical, water, etc.

The worst part is that not only has the industry not woken up to the concept of providing these but they have proven to be unresponsive to requests for a future correction.

I can only suggest that you unscrew every access panel, remove every cover, and haunt every RV forum in an attempt to understand the complexities of your particular coach. This has helped me immensely over the years and given me the insight and confidence to work on, repair, or modify my 5er.

2007 Ford F-250 Superduty Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS
Frank, Martha, & Ryan

"Happy Trails to you 'till we meet again"
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #7
johlar

Thanks for the feedback...I owned an Itasca Navion before this and I could get every manual know to God online..it was a Godsend
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johlar View Post
Thanks for the feedback...I owned an Itasca Navion before this and I could get every manual know to God online..it was a Godsend
The difference is that one is a passenger carrying motor vehicle and the other is just considered a trailer. It's the wonderful world of RV.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote