Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2021, 05:42 AM   #1
BeemerJoe

Tire inflator

Interested in what everyone is using to inflate HIGH PRESSURE (110 psi) toy hauler/5th wheel tires. So many reviews it boggles my mind. Seems the Viair is preferred, but never sure if it's all advertising hype.
BeemerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:06 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I guess the question would be, "inflate to 110psi where?" If you have access to 120vac the Viair would not be my 1st choice.

I believe you will find the Viair is pretty much the gold standard for roadside (read non 120vac access) inflation. I've got the 400 model and have been very pleased.

If you are talking 120vac I think the general consensus (from what I've read) is a pancake compressor. I carried a Porter Cable 6 gal. but replaced with a Fini brand that is smaller but will still do the 110psi. just fine.

For the 110psi tires you need to be careful when looking at the DC type compressors; lots of different brands/models and most aren't meant for that kind of duty. I've burned up 2 on tires; one on 65psi tires and the other on 80 psi tires. I've not had to inflate one of the larger 110psi tires from zero with either of my compressors but I'm not worried about it. I do top them to 110psi all the time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
BeemerJoe

yes.. that's basically what I'm talking about.. just topping off while on the road.. I already have a pancake compressor... Same as yours.. for at home. Of course can even use it when plugged into power on the rv, but was basically asking about on the road portables. I've pretty much decided on the Viair 400p-rv. pricy, but haven't found a negative review on it yet.
BeemerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #4
TN Traveler

I also have a Viair and use it to top off tires.
I like it and recommend it.
B&W Companion

TN Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
yes.. that's basically what I'm talking about.. just topping off while on the road.. I already have a pancake compressor... Same as yours.. for at home. Of course can even use it when plugged into power on the rv, but was basically asking about on the road portables. I've pretty much decided on the Viair 400p-rv. pricy, but haven't found a negative review on it yet.
I went ahead and bought the 450-RVS and got it over with

https://www.technorv.com/viair-450p-...SAAEgLxPvD_BwE
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I went ahead and bought the 450-RVS and got it over with

https://www.technorv.com/viair-450p-...SAAEgLxPvD_BwE
I went with hardwired chassis mounted unit with2.5 gallon tank.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-Constan...30389141&psc=1
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote